Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Brad,
My bad, I guess what I saw was just the frames with the tag wheel assembles, Guess that's why I should have taken pics...been too long since I was there...thanks for keeping me honest!!
Chuck, you might be right and I might be wrong - I'm only assuming these pics of Dave's came from outside Redwood - might have been at Lippert?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #22

I have been on the phone with the service at the dealer where I got it from, I took photos of everything and sent to them and they are working on who is going to pay. And yes I am hoping the 5 year warranty pays because the extended I have a $50.00 deductible. So at least I am hopping one works. I did find out that one of the small leaf spring came off and is in never never land one side had 6 leafs and that side only had 5 the good thing is that shows something had to come apart.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Why does Lippert have any responsibility for this issue? RW chose the Lippert system. The coach is warrantied by RW. RW should take full responsibility for the problem. Suggesting Lippert should take responsibility would be the same as if my turbo blew up under warranty. I'm not going to get much satisfaction by calling Borg Warner. They'll tell me to pound sand and kindly suggest that I make a call to my nearest Ford dealer.
Sadly enough you are right, at least as I discovered from my experience. Kind of blows the heck out of this little vision you get reading all the rhetoric about Falcon FIT systems and this perception of Lippert engineers sitting around a table with Redwood engineers putting together the best-of-the-best design by committing exclusivity with 100% Lippert parts.

I guess Redwood is Mortal after all.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Chuck, you might be right and I might be wrong - I'm only assuming these pics of Dave's came from outside Redwood - might have been at Lippert?

I took those pictures outside of the Redwood factory. They go from there to "stage 1" where the axles are put on the trailer frame. That frame is for a 36FL
Old 05-22-2014, 02:44 AM   #25

Unhappy Not so lucky!

When you're checking your bolts and nuts on the under carriage don't forget to check the shackle bolts. I had one fall out and the resulting damage cost me over $10,000 to repair. No warranty. RW blamed Lippert and the latter blamed RW. The reason for the high cost is that we decided to upgrade the axles to 8k since our 7 k rear axle and spring was bent. However with the 8k axles Lippert failed to tell us that the axles came with 5/8 inch studs. Camping world had already installed them so we also had to replace the rims and tires. Looks good now but not a happy camper.
farmerJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #26

Hmmm, My Lippert 8K are only 9/16" studs, but that may be because the rotors are by Kodiak, not Lippert.

Sorry to hear of your woes FarmerJohn. I remember hearing the story, but I thought Redwood stepped up to the plate for you.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #27
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Hmmm, My Lippert 8K are only 9/16" studs, but that may be because the rotors are by Kodiak, not Lippert.

Sorry to hear of your woes FarmerJohn. I remember hearing the story, but I thought Redwood stepped up to the plate for you.
So the OEM disc brake kit is Kodiak?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post
So the OEM disc brake kit is Kodiak?
It was in April 2013 anyway - but they change brands at will: