Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #1

Question on Directv

Will you local home TV channels follow you around when you travel? Or will your TV be blank? I have heard that Directv will not change the local channels anymore as you move around.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:40 AM   #2

No they will not. You can only get your local channels within about a 150 radius. I live just north of Indianapolis and I have gotten local channels as far away as Springfield, Ill but that was a come and go situation.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #3

What Elliot and Vicky said. Ever since ATT bought them out, they won't let you change local addresses as you move.
mcmiller49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:47 PM   #4

It depends. We move our locals every week or so as we move around the country. Call Directv customer service and just ask for an agent and tell them you want to change your “service address” only for your local channels. Give them your current address at the campground you are in and you will get the local channels for the area. What you can’t do is continue to have your locals from your permanent home address work outside the area that the satellite spot beam covers for that area. When you get back home you need to call and change your service address back to your home address to get the correct locals for that location again. Si Che we full time and don’t have a permanent home we just change the address to our next destination when we arrive.
skip1loman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:50 PM   #5

We change our "service address" when we travel with Dish also, and their customer service changes our feed to the area local area channels we are in with no problem.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
We change our "service address" when we travel with Dish also, and their customer service changes our feed to the area local area channels we are in with no problem.
When you change your Dish local address while on the road does your home change to the same address as well? I haven’t done this because I do not want to lose my programs at home while on the road.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #7

Carl

We take our Hopper and Joeys on the road with us so all our recorded programs travel with us. The "locals" always include ABC CBS NBC PBS and FOX so we don't miss any of those either.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote