Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #1

Question about AC air flow

My 17 38rl, as others on this forum have reported doesn't have good air flow through the ducts. I pulled the cover off the AC and found the same thing that others have reported. The foam piece that has been loose or missing was in place but there was a 1 inch gap above it that I sealed off. My question is, directly across from that is another area that had a piece of aluminum tape across it which was partially pulled loose. I assumed that it was supposed to be sealed off so I did. NOW I have no air flow so I am assuming that the other side that I sealed off is the cold air return. I have two cold air returns, one on each side of the coach. It is amazing that the same problems keep coming up after seeing these same things in past threads.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #2

Do you have any pictures of what you are referring to? I along with others do have some pictures of the "before and after" to show what we found and we fixed it. Just do a quick search for them. Thank you!
Old 05-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. What I was referring to was the cold air return. It was blocked off with a piece of aluminum like material that was somewhat loose allowing air to get through. After clearing that opening and sealing the other side where that foam gasket is located I got better air flow. It was 85 degrees yesterday afternoon and 92 inside the RW. Turned the air on and in a little over an hour the temp was down to 84.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote