Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #1

Problems with antenna connection in living room

Hey everyone we just bought our 2012 redwood 36fb, the previous owners installed a winegard tv antenna and never used the antenna on the living room tv. I have a great signal in the bedroom but can’t get anything in lr. Trying to figure it out, does that signal from antenna only go to bedroom or to both? Does the antenna signal come through the “cable” line or is it a separate coax? All we have in lr are I believe a jack for cable and satellite. Is there a place where antenna and cable coax are tied together to use for both. Thanks for the help.
yankee57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee57 View Post
Hey everyone we just bought our 2012 redwood 36fb, the previous owners installed a winegard tv antenna and never used the antenna on the living room tv. I have a great signal in the bedroom but can’t get anything in lr. Trying to figure it out, does that signal from antenna only go to bedroom or to both? Does the antenna signal come through the “cable” line or is it a separate coax? All we have in lr are I believe a jack for cable and satellite. Is there a place where antenna and cable coax are tied together to use for both. Thanks for the help.
The antenna & the cable connection in the convenience center both go the the booster near the bedroom tv from the booster to a splitter in the ceiling (mine was above the light fixture above & to the right of the tv) that was connected with the incoming from the booster connected to the output on the splitter, once connected correctly had good antenna & cable picture.
FYI that booster must be on with the little green led lit for antenna use & off for cable, then from tv setup menu set to the appropriate input then scan the channels, this must be done every time you relocate or change input.
Also you'll find a satellite cable splitter in the ceiling in the same spot.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote