Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2022, 01:09 AM   #1

Precision Control System question 2022 Redwood

On our 2022 Redwood 4001 LK we have the Precision Control System. When scrolling thru it only shows 30 and 15 amps,not 50 amps. We're plugged into 50 amps,have 3 A/C units which can all run at once. There's no power issue with rig but it should still show 50 amps correct? Had a tech look at it under warranty and he thought it wouldn't read 50 because were not using that much juice. This has me really bewildered and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing?
Thanks
Mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:54 AM   #2

From what I just read on the PCS: It has to see 240VAC between L1 and L2 else it defaults to 30A which ties L1 to L2 and then measures 0VAC. You might have "fake" 50A, two 30A (or 50A) breakers from same phase on single phase system...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power-Control-System-Midi-Manual-B__00-10050-000-.pdf (475.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-11-2022, 04:21 AM   #3

If you don't have an EMS, either portable or hardwired, not just a surge protector, connected to the incoming power, you need one ASAP. This insures proper power & protects your electronics from most any faults that may occur. If you chose the portable be sure to use it every time you plug into any power source.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:08 PM   #4

I did neglect to mention in my original post we have an EMS system which reads everything is working properly. We keep our rig on our lot here in Florida since new so it's not a bounce down the road issue. Really starting to bewilder me and the Tech sent out from Keystone was pretty much useless. Even told them before they sent someone out make sure they're electrically oriented.
So far the Keystone people have been a huge disappointment.
Mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:52 AM   #5

I looked at somms1 attached PDF and have a different model PCS (mini not midi), but on my 2020, they originally used the water heater relay (L2) on one side of the io module. On the other side, they didn’t use the relay but connected a wire from the same side of the fuse panel bus (again L2) so it never saw 240V and always said 30amps. Everything worked fine except if when on 240v and over 30 amps it tried to shed load to keep below 30amps.

On mine the io module is in a grey plastic Cantex junction box located behind the basement wall.
Nedshred is offline   Reply With Quote