Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2022, 01:47 PM   #1

Power bliking on and off

out of the blue, our RW power started going on and off. then it comes back on for a while, then does the same thing again. At first i thought the park we are at lost power. then here is goes again. I looked in the breaker panel and the converter light is blinking. Don't know if that means anything, but i don't hear it running every now and again , like it did before.
any input would be greatly appreciated.
oh yeah,, Hurricane Ian is headed straight for us, here in south carolina.

Rhonell Hernandez
ricknnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:18 PM   #2

two common cause for 120/240 volt power issue , park power cord reel and generator automatic transfer contactor. If you dont have a generator or generator prep you dont have a ATS. You need to find someone with a voltage meter as fast as possible voltage problems will destroy everything that uses park power. If it's bad park power the campground should have someone on call to be able to check that. Do you have anything you can get voltage reeding that is fairly accurate?
Old 09-29-2022, 02:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
two common cause for 120/240 volt power issue , park power cord reel and generator automatic transfer contactor. If you dont have a generator or generator prep you dont have a ATS. You need to find someone with a voltage meter as fast as possible voltage problems will destroy everything that uses park power. If it's bad park power the campground should have someone on call to be able to check that. Do you have anything you can get voltage reeding that is fairly accurate?
Thank you for your input, we just found out the campground breakerbox had a bad 50 amp breaker,,,, Thank God! it wasn't nothing wrong with our camper.
my Redwood friends are always quick to respond and help us out.
We can always depend on yall!!!

Ricknnell
Old 09-29-2022, 04:48 PM   #4

If you don't have an EMS, electrical management system, either portable or hardwired, on your incoming power supply I'd highly recommend one ASAP to protect all electronics onboard
during situations like this. Do not get just a surge protector, an EMS will protect from nearly every electrical issue short of a direct lightning strike, the surge protector only power surges. I had the portable Progressive Industries 50 amp that hung at the pedestal EVERY time EVERYWHERE we plugged in on 3 different5th wheels for about 15 years & I know of at least twice it saved us due poor campground wiring, once actually fried the EMS, PI warranteed it & replaced it free of charge. You can also use it at 30 amp sites with a 30 to 50 amp dog bone so your still protected.
They are a bit pricey but not nearly as a fridge, A/C unit, microwave or a couple tvs.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:56 PM   #5

Thumbs up great advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
If you don't have an EMS, electrical management system, either portable or hardwired, on your incoming power supply I'd highly recommend one ASAP to protect all electronics onboard
during situations like this. Do not get just a surge protector, an EMS will protect from nearly every electrical issue short of a direct lightning strike, the surge protector only power surges. I had the portable Progressive Industries 50 amp that hung at the pedestal EVERY time EVERYWHERE we plugged in on 3 different5th wheels for about 15 years & I know of at least twice it saved us due poor campground wiring, once actually fried the EMS, PI warranteed it & replaced it free of charge. You can also use it at 30 amp sites with a 30 to 50 amp dog bone so your still protected.
They are a bit pricey but not nearly as a fridge, A/C unit, microwave or a couple tvs.
Thanks for the great advice,, we will do that ASAP!!!!