Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2016, 05:41 PM   #1

Power

Hi everyone...I have yet another problem. My husband decided to plug in a deep fryer at the kitchen gfi plug. Within 10 minutes I lost power in that outlet along with the outlet above my sink, my dishwasher, and my refrigerator. I've had a couple friends, not electricians, look at it and are baffled. When they check it I have power but not enough. I hope I'm explaining this right. Any ideas?
Lvngthegdlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvngthegdlf View Post
Hi everyone...I have yet another problem. My husband decided to plug in a deep fryer at the kitchen gfi plug. Within 10 minutes I lost power in that outlet along with the outlet above my sink, my dishwasher, and my refrigerator. I've had a couple friends, not electricians, look at it and are baffled. When they check it I have power but not enough. I hope I'm explaining this right. Any ideas?
I'm not real familiar with the FL model but I assume you have tripped the GFCI circuit which controls all those plugs you mention. You need to find the GFCI outlet controlling all those plugs and reset it. I'm guessing that it is in the Bathroom, that's where mine is. It will be an outlet that looks different from all others and if you look closely you will see 2 small buttons on it labeled "set" and "reset". Pushing one of those buttons should reset the circuit. If not you may have to go check your circuit breaker panel and make sure all circuit breakers are in the on position. If the fryer has some kind of problem, It would blow the GFCI, if it was drawing too much power it would probably blow the circuit breaker.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Unplug or turn the power off to the entire trailer. Go to sleep he breaker panel and pull each breaker inside the trailer and make sure that the wires are tight on each breaker. Some times the RV builder overlooks the screws on the breakers.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #4

you might also check your inverter and push the reset button on it...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #5

I don't see a reset button on the inverter....
Old 08-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #6

Quote:
I don't see a reset button on the inverter....
I see by your tag that you own a 2013. You probably don't have a residential refrigerator, and then probably don't have an inverter. Does everything else in your rig operate? Did you check the other receptacles throughout? You reset the gfci recep. But that didn't solve your problem? I would have thought it would be either the GFCI recep or a circuit breaker in the distribution panel. Even though the breakers look to be in the 'ON' position you might have one that is tripped. Go flip each breaker to the reset position and then back 'ON'. If still not working, report please.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #7

Quote:
What did you come up with?
Old 08-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #8

I'm sorry, I have it sitting in campground. I will check this weekend if I make it up there. Thank you !
Old 08-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #9

Not sure about how your rv is wired, but I would think that the countertop, dishwasher and fridge are on separate circuits. Is your fridge a factory residential? If so, it definitely is on a different circuit. You say you have power but not enough. What did the meter read? It could be a loose neutral somewhere.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #10

Also, be sure you gave the Marinco connector at twist to right when you plugged it into the Redwood.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote