Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #1

Portable versus Permanent;

Just wondering if anyone has installed the Dish traveler 1000 on their coach? My wife and I have been using the Pathway X2 and it is okay? The issue is that obviously we have set it up everytime( not too much of a hassle) but the main complaint that we have is that it will only receive one satellite at a time? So, from the reviews that I have read all rave about the rooftop mounted unit? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-23-2017, 09:25 PM   #2

Search for Atom Ant on this forum, he posted great pics of how he installed the Winegard Travel'r on his Redwood.......

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #3

I too don't like the limitations of the portables but we have many occasions to park in the trees. The expense of the traveler was also a deterrent for me.

I opted to use a tripod, ( bought mine at TV4RV: Satellite - Tripod - Slimline - Dish - DirectTV: satellite and Internet for RV - Recreational Vehicles - RVers - DishTV - Satellite Dish - FTA - Tripod) I also use a meter to locate the satellites and Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com to set my elevation and skew.

There are a few tricks that I have learned setting it up over the years. I'd be glad to share them if you're interested. All in all, you will spend a lot less and have the flexibility to set the dish where you need it. BTW, once you have done the setup a time or 2, it takes less time that the portables!

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:54 PM   #4

We have the 1000 mounted on our roof. It works perfect every time so far...

HD with Dish and you are correct about the no-hassle setup. Worth every dollar to me.

The last thing I need when going on vacation is the stress of finding a satellite signal. I have had very bad luck with my previous MH and had the automatic installed on that one also.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:41 AM   #5

If you go up to the top tabs under PHOTOS and find Atom Ant SK-1000 I posted a bunch of pics in their of my installation. This link may work as well:

http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...-albums96.html

It was a relaxing 4 hour job and the antenna worked perfectly. Redwood makes it a plug-n-play with the satellite prep they do.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #6

Traveler installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
If you go up to the top tabs under PHOTOS and find Atom Ant SK-1000 I posted a bunch of pics in their of my installation. This link may work as well:

http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...-albums96.html

It was a relaxing 4 hour job and the antenna worked perfectly. Redwood makes it a plug-n-play with the satellite prep they do.
I really do appreciate the information and the help with the installation. Your pics helped tremendously. My installation really didn't take me more than two hours? The wife and I love the new system. Our previous winegard pathway X2 would not allow us to watch separate programs on different TV's (had to be on the same dish, 110, 119 or 129. Anyway we're good!
Old 04-05-2017, 01:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwirt74@gmail.com View Post
I really do appreciate the information and the help with the installation. Your pics helped tremendously. My installation really didn't take me more than two hours? The wife and I love the new system. Our previous winegard pathway X2 would not allow us to watch separate programs on different TV's (had to be on the same dish, 110, 119 or 129. Anyway we're good!
Glad they helped! It seems intimidating, but its not a bad install at all. The hardest part is getting in on the roof.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:27 AM   #8

i have 2 on the roof. Starchoice / Cdn networks and dish / US networks. the only way to go. Just push the search button
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote