Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #41
Site Team

Our weights are very similar.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #42

I thought we would be - we have similar equipment and I think you told me weights on your before we bought ours. Thought I could cheat that pin weight with my SRW but reality is reality
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #43
Site Team

Yep.....I bought my truck and then ordered my Redwood thinking I had the perfect combination based on the numbers in the brochure......NOPE. On the way home with my new trailer, my wife TOLD me to order a new truck (what a nice wife). 5 minutes later I was on the phone with my banker and 2 weeks later I had traded in my 2011 F350 with only 27000 miles on it. The ride difference is unbelievable while towing.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #44

Can't think of any guy that would look at the wife wanting a new truck as any kind of negative!

We were close because of my rear end issue on this one. She said we would defer replacing her Expedition so I could get a new truck, and I had one picked out in about 8 seconds. In the end, this one got fixed thanks to some great support from folks here, and I enjoy the truck.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:54 AM   #45

Don't forget the Nuwave Induction cook top. What an awesome hot plate. I make my own salsa and fry up my own tortilla chips. It does an amazing job. Gave away my propane seafood cooker. This does a better job, less mess, cooler (less heat) from cooking, safer, less mess, easer clean up, can use outdoors beside grill or on a table and uses far less electricity than a electric skillet or crock pot. Yes, I'm a man and I cook too !!!!!!
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #46

We received a new single burner induction "hot plate" and a new set of induction-ready cookware a few weeks ago ... One look at the standard cooktop and we knew that an auxiliary burner would be necessary for stewpots, large fry pans, etc. I also like the idea of bringing it outside for use next to th BBQ. Worth the investment and space it requires.
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #47

Any issues with using that cookware on the regular gas stove or campstove? I was going to try the induction cooktop, but DW was not keen on needing special cookware. Took her back to the old glass top stoves that she hated. I can probably still sell it if we don't need two sets of cookware.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Any issues with using that cookware on the regular gas stove or campstove? I was going to try the induction cooktop, but DW was not keen on needing special cookware. Took her back to the old glass top stoves that she hated. I can probably still sell it if we don't need two sets of cookware.
No problems at all... it just means that there is an iron core to the cookware. We can use use all our old cast iron pans. Our new set is aluminum Calphalon (not the no-stick kind) and works with any heat source. If a magnet sticks to the bottom of what you already have, it will work.
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #49

If a magnet sticks to the bottom of the cookware; it will work. All of our pots and pans work. A couple of the aluminum skillets won't work. When I was boiling grease at 415 degrees; you could hold the sided of the steel pot 3 inches from the grease and not get burned. I am going to have to research and figure out how it works.
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #50
Traveling

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little NuWave cooker! I got one to use while we were switching out our range in the kitchen. It's AWESOME. Yes, all enameled cast iron (like Le Creuset) and steel will work. There are a LOT that won't. Most of my regular pans don't work, but I have many cast iron and enameled that do. Great little gadget IMO
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #51

We bought a cooktop last year after much back and forth thinking. Had to get different cookware, but now it works on either the cooktop or stove. The stove doesn't get used much anymore. Like everything about the cooktop. This winter we bought an electric grill. Its similar in looks to a George Forman, but is much better. You can cook manually, or punch in what your cooking and it will tell you when it is rare -well done. The top and bottom plates come out so the wife said it is easy to clean. It is made buy T-Fal. Saw it originally on TV on one of those late night infomercials, but bought it at BBB.