Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #1

Smile Oven installation;

Our 13 36RE didn’t come from the factory with the oven. The wife has finally decided that she needs one? I’m wondering if anyone had done an installation themselves? It shouldn’t be too difficult? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #2

Let me maybe save you the trouble. Our gas range, with oven was in our coach when purchased. We've only used it a couple of times because it performs poorly. I think your coach should have come with the convection/microwave as ours did. We find its use to be totally satisfactory as an oven. I just don't want you to go through all that work and expense without letting you know that it probably won't meet your expectations. It doesn't perform like a home residential oven you're used to.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:03 AM   #3
HTX

Oven

My 2012 36RL came with cook top but no oven and I wanted one. Bought the oven model and paid to have it installed. They had to take out two of the three drawers to fit it in. Cost was around $250.00. I kept the drawers and hardware in case the next owner did not like pot pies or frozen pizzas.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
Let me maybe save you the trouble. Our gas range, with oven was in our coach when purchased. We've only used it a couple of times because it performs poorly. I think your coach should have come with the convection/microwave as ours did. We find its use to be totally satisfactory as an oven. I just don't want you to go through all that work and expense without letting you know that it probably won't meet your expectations. It doesn't perform like a home residential oven you're used to.
I totally agree!! Our last 5er had the gas oven, you had to stand on your head to light it, the food was both raw & burnt at the same tome depending where it was in the oven, DW tried everything including pizza stone, oven tiles & swore our next rv WOULD NOT have the oven.
I will agree, as will the wife, the convection oven requires a bit of a learning curve for which has finally mastered.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:59 AM   #5

Send me your drawers from where the oven goes and I will send you our oven !!!!
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:56 AM   #6

We have never used ours. We have gotten use to the convection oven.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
Send me your drawers from where the oven goes and I will send you our oven !!!!
I guess most all that have the gas oven would make that swap in a heart beat.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 05-10-2018, 04:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwirt74@gmail.com View Post
Our 13 36RE didn’t come from the factory with the oven. The wife has finally decided that she needs one? I’m wondering if anyone had done an installation themselves? It shouldn’t be too difficult? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry! We've not answered your question. Anything is possible with a little skill & a lot of $$$. But I have no experience with your project, but good luck.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 05-16-2018, 09:17 PM   #9

My wife uses the oven all the time. We found that cooking in stoneware instead of metal baking pans works the best. She also preheat the oven for about 20 minutes before she puts anything in it so that the temperature stabilizes. We placed a oven thermometer inside for more accurate temp. She has also found that rotating the pans works well, for more even cooking. In the next year or so we may put a fisher Paykel stove top and oven in, and be done with the “camper stove” that’s been the same design since the 70s that I know of.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #10

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/aj...13027BKSW.html
What about this one?