Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #1

Hello we just purchased a 36RE and I'm wondering where would be the best place to store the Ottoman when traveling? It seems really tight when it's between the sofa and recliners. I'm really enjoying this forum lots of good info!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #2

We have the FL and leave them in the middle of the 2 slides. but I have turned them upside down to make room for letting something else sit in there spots. They never moved out of the chairs.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #3

We push the chairs against the wall and leave the ottoman between the chairs and couch on our 36RE when the slides are in. Seems to be fine.
Kevin & Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #4

I have the 36RL, but ordered the ottoman out of the RE model. I leave mine on the floor between the recliners and fireplace. Just be sure to align the end of it so it is past the right side (closest to the dining room table) of the center island. The living room slide will slide tight against the bottom of the island, but the kitchen or in your case, the sofa slide does not physically touch the island. If you are off one way or another it really is no big deal as the slide out rooms will push the ottoman out of the way as they are closing. I do leave mine in the (center) of the living room area to ensure the entire ottoman stays on the carpet as I believe it helps keep the ottoman in place during travel.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #5

We leave ours in the middle with the slide in and use it to keep other items from moving around during travel.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #6

We have an rl which is pretty close to the re in size/layout. We have the large ottoman, use it perpendicular to the recliners and fireplace, parallel to the sofa (like a coffee table). To travel, we just turn it 90 degrees to line it up with te island (but still on the carpet). We found that adding triangular furniture sliders from Home Depot to the "feet" makes it much easier to reposition it, but not SO easy to move that it moves on its own when travelling.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #7

We have an RE and put it betwee the dinette chairs and the island. It keeps the chairs from moving
AE New Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #8

We have our long ottaman at the end of the island length wise towards the couch when the slides are in. Fits great.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #9

Thanks for the info!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #10

We have the 36RE also and do the same as AE New Holland </span>
We havethe 36RE also and do the same as AE New Holland</span>put it betwee the dinette chairs and the island. It keeps the chairs from moving.</span>