Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 04:14 AM   #81

Mark Quinn promised parts for my unit on Tuesday the repair shop sent their driver up there, and to no surprise there weren't any parts to be picked up. I guess two months in limbo isn't long enough, this is the second time in shop in a years time of owning unit that it's sat in limbo for two months .Still waiting !!!!!!!!
IUOE150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:32 AM   #82

Why wouldn't they call to make sure a part was there before sending a driver to pick it up especially when it wasn't there the last time. Are you sure you're getting the straight talk from the shop you're dealing with now? Sounds fishy to me that they wouldn't check before sending someone to pick it up.

John and Eileen

2013 Redwood RL 2013 350 Ford Diesel
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #83
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
Why wouldn't they call to make sure a part was there before sending a driver to pick it up especially when it wasn't there the last time. Are you sure you're getting the straight talk from the shop you're dealing with now? Sounds fishy to me that they wouldn't check before sending someone to pick it up.

John and Eileen

2013 Redwood RL 2013 350 Ford Diesel

I think you're on to something. Phone calls are pretty easy to make.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #84
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUOE150 View Post
Mark Quinn promised parts for my unit on Tuesday the repair shop sent their driver up there, and to no surprise there weren't any parts to be picked up. I guess two months in limbo isn't long enough, this is the second time in shop in a years time of owning unit that it's sat in limbo for two months .Still waiting !!!!!!!!

which model do you have and what parts are you looking for?
Old 05-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #85

Well just got off the phone with redwood, Mark Quinn is no longer with redwood so that's two guy's that were trying to help with our problem child 38gk. So Ron Howard and Mark Quinn are gone I wonder if I'll ever get parts.hopefully they get a less stressful job,just wish I got my parts
Tom
Old 05-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #86
Site Team

I just Ron an email, I believe he's still there.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #87

They were supposed to go Monday but went Tuesday, and I was standing at the shop waited two hours and had conference call so the only thing that's fishy is why they would say that he had parts and being pulled offline and now I called today and Mark is no longer there!!
Tom
Old 05-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #88

He might be but I was just told Mark is gone
Old 05-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #89

I think I would show up at the factory Redwood and all!
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #90

I really believe there is a disconnect between the tech who is requesting parts and the individual who actually pulls them and then sends them out. When I was told that parts were going out on a particular day by the tech it was actually 10 days before the dealer saw them. It doesn't take 10 days to get a part across the U.S. There must be a big delay in paperwork to get things out. The dealer said that a 10 day to 2 week wait is normal for Crossroads parts to arrive. Why?
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #91

Blue Dogs, Great news, but where in the heck are you? Here in KC we won't make it out of the 50's. I would have to have the furnace on.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #92
Traveling

He is in rainy ol' Oregon! We Northwesterners dont usually like to share what the weather is REALLY like. It was in the 90s here in SW Washington State. Definitely not usually like that in May!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Linda View Post
Blue Dogs, Great news, but where in the heck are you? Here in KC we won't make it out of the 50's. I would have to have the furnace on.
Day 3 on our trip (Roseburg, Oregon) batteries went dead in the keyless entry. Looked at instructions and it clearly says to use Lithium Batteries, Quick trip to Home Depot and a new set of batteries, all fixed. The dealer put in industrial batteries, not even alkaline? Appearantly they can't read. I know they put them in because the lock wasn't working when we did our first PDI and they said the cause was dead batteries. No biggie but still!

One of the recliners has a broken spring or something. It pops when you sit in it and sinks down further than the other when you sit in it. I could blame it on my fat #*^ but it's the chair my wife chose and I hadn't even sat in it until she said it feels weird and makes a noise. She weighs about 110 lbs.

The LED lights under the awning are amazing! The bed is supper comfy, frige and air work great, shower is a bit weak. Dishwasher is great but does throw an error code sometimes when power is first connected. (Think the dishwasher is the problem with the gen/dishwasher issue) So far we love this RW. A few nothing major items to be fixed that has not already been noted.

Do agree with the statement that the coach moves a bit in the back, could greatly benefit with rear stabilizers.

Cooler here today, hope to get to try the furnace in the morning, trying to put all the appliances and accessories through their paces.

Yale
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #94
Traveling

that's awesome Yale! Did you try taking the water saver disc out of the shower head? I know that helps sometimes. Believe it or not the pressure in the shower is what I fear the most. I hate weak showers! having too much nice weather to test the furnace is not such a bad problem to have! I was super glad to hear about the LED lights in the awning. I will look forward to not having to hang my tiki lights everytime we put out our awning.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Day 3 on our trip (Roseburg, Oregon) batteries went dead in the keyless entry. Looked at instructions and it clearly says to use Lithium Batteries, Quick trip to Home Depot and a new set of batteries, all fixed. The dealer put in industrial batteries, not even alkaline? Appearantly they can't read. I know they put them in because the lock wasn't working when we did our first PDI and they said the cause was dead batteries. No biggie but still!

One of the recliners has a broken spring or something. It pops when you sit in it and sinks down further than the other when you sit in it. I could blame it on my fat #*^ but it's the chair my wife chose and I hadn't even sat in it until she said it feels weird and makes a noise. She weighs about 110 lbs.

The LED lights under the awning are amazing! The bed is supper comfy, frige and air work great, shower is a bit weak. Dishwasher is great but does throw an error code sometimes when power is first connected. (Think the dishwasher is the problem with the gen/dishwasher issue) So far we love this RW. A few nothing major items to be fixed that has not already been noted.

Do agree with the statement that the coach moves a bit in the back, could greatly benefit with rear stabilizers.

Cooler here today, hope to get to try the furnace in the morning, trying to put all the appliances and accessories through their paces.

Yale
One of the first things we did was to change the shower head to an Oxygenics. Works much better than the RW one.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #96

Oriana,

Which moder of the Oxygenics?

Safe travels!!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #97

If you take the water saver disc out of the shower head it will make a big difference. Try it......you'll like it!!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
One of the first things we did was to change the shower head to an Oxygenics. Works much better than the RW one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Oriana,

Which moder of the Oxygenics?

Safe travels!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
If you take the water saver disc out of the shower head it will make a big difference. Try it......you'll like it!!
Yes which Model of Oxygenics?

We took the water saver disc out, it did help. Thanks!

I have a preset water pressure regulator, going to get an adjustable one with gauge, I suspect this is some of the issue!

Thanks for the tips!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #99
Traveling

I got this one, because it matches: http://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-2648...ords=Oxygenics
Old 05-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #100

Perhaps a dumb question, but how do you take out the water saver disc? Thanks.