Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSkwerl View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. Crossroads, not particularly Redwoods has been there the whole way. Poor Terry Baughman at Crossroads probably cringes when he sees an email from me, but does that fella work to solve problems. He and Mark Quin were instrumental in getting things addressed and fixed. I can't fault them at all for trying to fix the bad. It is just a shame so much seems bed from the get.
Terry is the tech I was working with to try and resolve my bad warranty repairs done by a recommended Crossroads Dealer. He tried and tried to get my problems resolved but his hands were tied at a certain point and nothing was getting resolved at which time I pursued the higher ups and was able to get action. I will have to post again after I get my coach back from the factory service center as to whether all my issues are resolved but it looks very promising and I am anxious to get it there for repairs. I've heard a great deal of praise from fellow rver's that have had work done at the service center.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #62
lwg

Regarding the AC issues; We're still having issues with one of ours, its back at the dealer today for repairs. Like you we fulltime AND I work out of my RV in the office. Big inconvenience... Last trip in they discovered the front AC vents apparently have no caps on them. I realized this when I pulled the cover plate off of the hole for the power wire for the awning. Noticed A LOT of cold air was blowing out. Tech opened the vent, installed a makeshift vent block right in front of the forward bedroom duct. Voila, more air came out. They are going to do this same repair for the other side today.

Sad thing is, I bet virtually every Redwood has this ducting problem, just most don't notice it because they aren't in Phoenix in the summer...
Old 05-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #63

Ok great suggestion and I'm going to have them check that out while I am here at Lazy Days. I would also suggest you have them foam those vent block in. So they don't move around while you travel, possibly into some place less accessible then at the A/C attachment point.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post
Regarding the AC issues; We're still having issues with one of ours, its back at the dealer today for repairs. Like you we fulltime AND I work out of my RV in the office. Big inconvenience... Last trip in they discovered the front AC vents apparently have no caps on them. I realized this when I pulled the cover plate off of the hole for the power wire for the awning. Noticed A LOT of cold air was blowing out. Tech opened the vent, installed a makeshift vent block right in front of the forward bedroom duct. Voila, more air came out. They are going to do this same repair for the other side today.

Sad thing is, I bet virtually every Redwood has this ducting problem, just most don't notice it because they aren't in Phoenix in the summer...

Can you elaborate a bit more on this ?

Not sure I can picture what you are talking about here and being in TexUS - we NEED air conditioning
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post

Do you mean caps at the end of the duct??
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:08 AM   #66

they can't get any parts. been waiting 4 months total for my problems, and mine are pretty similar with a whole bunch more. the dealer repairing it i found out today still hasn't been paid for their work from the first time. LIKE I SAID BUYER BEWARE !!!!
IUOE150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #67

Have been in over 100 degree temp. numerous times with our 36RL and have had no A/C problems.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #68
Site Team

I haven't had any problems with mine
Old 05-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #69

Sitting in the camp ground on my maiden voyage, it's 102 outside and 72 inside. Both air's working flawlessly! My wife is under a blanket
So far so good! No new issues. Loving the 14' 38RL Redwood!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #70
Traveling

Yay! Thanks for sharing. Definitely picked the right weather to put her thru her paces. Keep us posted. Hows the fridge fix working out?
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Yay! Thanks for sharing. Definitely picked the right weather to put her thru her paces. Keep us posted. Hows the fridge fix working out?
The fridge fix has worked perfectly so far! all doors & drawers stayed closed on the 180 mile trip. This was over hwy 20 from the coast and down the I-5 to Roseburg. (I don't drive the speed limit) The inverter worked great and the frige held 34 deg. So far I'm all
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #72
Traveling

SWEET! we had planned to be in Roseburg starting next weekend but obviously that isn't going to happen. Apparently it takes 3 weeks or more to get from the factory to here for our coach. I read that there is an enormous shortage of drivers for hauling new RVs from Indiana. Obviously ours is sitting in a lot somewhere waiting to come home.:-( the article said there are 25 thousand RVs sitting in Indiana waiting to be delivered. They are short 2000 drivers. That is hard to comprehend! I doubt we will ever get our RV! I wish they would let us pick it up! But they will not. Enjoy your maiden voyage! It must be blissful!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Sitting in the camp ground on my maiden voyage, it's 102 outside and 72 inside. Both air's working flawlessly! My wife is under a blanket
So far so good! No new issues. Loving the 14' 38RL Redwood!
Dang! Another RW owner camping in the Middle East.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #74
Site Team

Glad to hear
Old 05-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #75
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Do you mean caps at the end of the duct??
Sorry stepped away for a few days. This is exactly it. Picture a duct running the length of the RV. On the front (bedroom in my floorplan) air ducts you can't see where they end, ideally they would end exactly at the last vent... Since I was somehow getting cold air in my walls, and it was hot outside, we decided to block off the duct using foam and metal duct tape. It definitely helped with air pressure and the cold air is now gone from the wall.

I'm not 100% if there is a cap at the end of our duct or not as I can't see it, but this definitely helped so worth the look. Just pull down your vent air deflector and have a look.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #76

In our 31SL there is definitely an end cap at the end of the run in the bedroom.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #77
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM View Post
In our 31SL there is definitely an end cap at the end of the run in the bedroom.
Can you see it? Just curious really.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #78

Yes you can see it at the end vent in the bedroom.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #79

No wonder they have a problem getting them to the dealers....I am told they pay the drivers very little!
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Dang! Another RW owner camping in the Middle East.
102 - I only wish is was that cool out here

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote