Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #1

Norcold

My Norcold works great when on shore power, however when we travel and it is in the AV mode it does not work. I get a beeping sound from the refrigerator and it is not staying cold. My gas works as my stove works so I need some help on this one.
gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
My Norcold works great when on shore power, however when we travel and it is in the AV mode it does not work. I get a beeping sound from the refrigerator and it is not staying cold. My gas works as my stove works so I need some help on this one.
I have this problem almost every time I use my 31SL because it sits in storage between uses. As a result the gas bleeds down somehow in the lines and if I don't start my stove burners and get the gas back in the line the norcold won't stay lit. When it will not light, I believe the manual tells you to turn it off and wait a minute or so and then try to turn it back on again. I don't leave it on gas unless I'm sure it is staying lit.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:50 AM   #3

One thing I would try is to get a burner on your gas stove lit to insure you have a proper flow of propane up to the fridge and then try and light it. I just made that a habit every time we took it out after sitting for awhile.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:30 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce
New question;; Does our Norcold fridge have a drain pain under the fridge that can be removed and drained?
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
New question;; Does our Norcold fridge have a drain pain under the fridge that can be removed and drained?
I believe if you go outside and remove the lower refrigerator panel you will see a tray for drainage.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:59 AM   #6

That's correct & you need to clean the little plug in that drain line that's to keep little unwanted guest out, it gets gunked up & won't drain & backs up into the tray in the frig.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote