Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #21

All good ideas. I built 30x50 ft shed when we buile new house. keeps rv in good shape all winter.
PwrRam896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Camping World has a sale on their covers here in Texas and through the internet. I beleive the size I need for my 36 FB fits 37 ft 1 inch to 41 ft..it's the ADCO not the aqua shed runs about $395.00 plus tax and free shipping and I think you can pick it up at CW for same price...This is the ADCO Designer m odel...be sure you measure your 5th correctly see their website for i8nfo..I think the sale runs til October 5th..Probably get mine next wee...Trying to decide now whether I want to purchase the hoist to pull it up or just rig me a block and tackle
Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #23

sorry for the mixup my bldg is 30ft x50ft 16ft high my old trailer fits good the new one is still within length limits
PwrRam896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce
Camping World has a sale on their covers here in Texas and through the internet. I beleive the size I need for my 36 FB fits 37 ft 1 inch to 41 ft..it's the ADCO not the aqua shed runs about $395.00 plus tax and free shipping and I think you can pick it up at CW for same price...This is the ADCO Designer m odel...be sure you measure your 5th correctly see their website for i8nfo..I think the sale runs til October 5th..Probably get mine next wee...Trying to decide now whether I want to purchase the hoist to pull it up or just rig me a block and tackle
I gave CW all the info. on the redwood 5th wheel, including the style. they came back with a price of over $1,100.

Lillyputz
Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Lillyputz....Was your price for a custom fit sunbrella cover?
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

Lillyputz....Was your price for a custom fit sunbrella cover?

It was, but don't remember which brand.

Lillyputz
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #27

It's priced by linear foot. CW has it on sale through Nov 5th. Remember your "36" RL is actually 40' 7" according to Redwood schematic. I think mine on sale would be $1,250. Miss the sale, and price jumps to $1,763... can you believe it?
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #28

Don't cover anything up that you don't want beat to death I have been going thru this with high dollar aircraft for thirty years if you can't get it inside wax the hell out of it covers trash anything they cover
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #29

X2 beechguyjim
Old 10-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
Site Team

I'm still after swaying back and fourth on having a cover or not having a cover.

I use my trailer as an emergency residence in case of a severe power outage and with the cover being on the trailer I'm afraid how hard the cover would be to take off if it's frozen on. Has anyone ever had a problem removing the cover in the winter?

Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #31

I've seen the light! Actually had cover scuff previous unit. The black paint on this Redwood has white primer underneath - and even shows the minute scratches in the clear coat from washing it. Can imagine what 5 months of wind blown flapping will do.

I think I'll wax it again and get covers for ACs, satellite dish and tires. Can't find inside storage around here.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
I've seen the light! Actually had cover scuff previous unit. The black paint on this Redwood has white primer underneath - and even shows the minute scratches in the clear coat from washing it. Can imagine what 5 months of wind blown flapping will do.

I think I'll wax it again and get covers for ACs, satellite dish and tires. Can't find inside storage around here.
I think I'll do the same....I just got back from vacation with mine last Monday and while on my trip I waxed the trailer and truck. It took 1/2 gallon of wax to complete the job and a bunch of beer The next day I realized how old I really am....I was moving a little slowly.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time

Smart move Mike. Don't forget to wash your roof before it goes good night for the winter. I am having the windows installed in the chair slide.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #34

Mike and Dave etal, finished the waxing #2 last weekend and am preparing for the winter. I have a new cover in my office, but after reading the forums view I am reconsidering. I was waiting for one more warm day to wipe the roof off and clean my rear awning. Moved to an open site for the winter and intend to extend or camping until December Plus. Our campground is open year round and we are considering streching our season to reservation weekends.</span>This end of season camping is harder to take when you've been doing it as long as we have 35+ years.</span>
Old 10-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #35

I'm going to use the same winter cover this year that I did last year...... The skies of the Gulf Coast.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #36

Dave, try using Presta quick wax. It is about $25 a quart. I used it 2 weeks ago, gave my coach 2 coats and used about half the quart. Also, did not use a buffer. Used an applicator pad, put the wax on one side then buffed it by hand using a microfiber cloth, very easy to put on and take off and it leaves no white residue. I found that if you worked on waxing about 3 hours a day, then had a bourbon or two, the pain was not too bad
Old 10-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #37

Steve, we agree with you. We'll be using the same cover as last year, the Skies over Fort Pierce, Florida. Leaving next week.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #38

We're on our way down now. Skirting the east coast on the way down. Jacksonville Fl for the air show later this month then a visit to the Ocala area to visit friends, then Miami for the NASCAR race. After that I'll be getting my mouth set for a plate full of oysters in Biloxi.
Tough life we full timers have eh?
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Dave, try using Presta quick wax. It is about $25 a quart. I used it 2 weeks ago, gave my coach 2 coats and used about half the quart. Also, did not use a buffer. Used an applicator pad, put the wax on one side then buffed it by hand using a microfiber cloth, very easy to put on and take off and it leaves no white residue. I found that if you worked on waxing about 3 hours a day, then had a bourbon or two, the pain was not too bad
Yep but I buy mine by the gallon... it's cheaper.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #40

I do agree one thing…bourbon is a great replacement for elbow greaseThar's alot of surface on these babies, whewhhh!!!