Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBob65 View Post
Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. The hose itself is staying secure to the piece that actually mounts to the duct. Its the mount piece that wont stay up.
I'm going to try the gorilla tape and some mechanical fasteners plus secure the hoses so there isn't as much downward force pulling from the hoses.

I'm with you PG , that basement plumbing and electrical is a rats nest and needs to be cleaned up for sure. A little wood frame or something to secure the heating mount would be a very nice thing to avoid this issue from happening to others.
The mounting box is plastic, it came down on mine as well. While it was down I secured the hoses with more tape and then taped the box back up there. After looking at it I knew it would come down again. I took a large heavy duty hose clamp opened it up and with the bennd facing the ceiling screwed it to the ceiling to hold that box up. !/2" screws and the clamp worked perfect. theres really no weight to it. the bend from the hose clamp is more than enough to hold the box against the ceiling. Pipe hanger didnt work because I couldnt get it tight enough.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Not much there to secure screws to other than plastic duct. I cut 3 pieces of 1/2" aluminum strap to run between floor joists & put one on either end of duct flange & 1 between the 2 flex ducts & attached both ends with self tapping screws. Fixed once & done. I don't care what tape you use, once heated with ducts hanging it won't hold.
Also did the above and no more problems.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #23

These aer nice fixes that the owner should NOT have to do (imho of course)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #24

Was in a new "bricks and sticks" open house this weekend and the heating ducting in the basement around a beam and gasline for kitchen range upstairs was done with rigid vent, flexible hose, 4-5 swivel angles and a roll of aluminum duct tape! And we complain about RV QC!

Wish I had taken a photo... what a CF that was.