Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
So with the higher roofline, does that mean the slide toppers will be raised for a better pitch?
Or "any pitch at all" as the case may be
This is one thing that would change our lives immeasurably. With the rain that we have, that huge slide cover awning fills with water: a LOT of water, before it trickles - annoyingly - off of the side over our dining window. We can only guess how much that water weighs: I would guess it to be at least 20 gallons. Definitely not good for all that weight on the slide roof, I am sure.

We built PVC supports that slide under the awning and support it so the water runs off better, but it's not perfect. Still, it prevents the bulk of the water from standing, which does all kinds of bad things to that awning including stretching and making a perfect place for a big algae stain NOT COOL.

I am waiting for the day when one of us forgets the supports are in there and pulls the slides in... I have making tape labels over the switches to REMIND me not to do this, and it has stopped me more than once already!!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:11 PM   #22
Site Team

We sat in a Newmar several years ago that had this floor plan and at that time we liked it. Not sure if we would like it now. It is nice to see that Redwood is exploring new floor plans and options.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:25 AM   #23

So the new floor plan is to compete with landmarks Charleston floor plan
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #24

That makes sense. I can see how it would appeal to certain people... just like all the other models. It didn't appear to have slide in a slide... and we will never be without that unless the bedroom armoir is in an opposing slide on the passenger side. We have become accustomed to having that space in the bedroom and it's CRITICAL. I am not sure if it's an option or not. Also, dying to know the numbers... I bet it's HEAVY... But it's all about the suspension and wheels and tires and brakes.

We don't personally desire the separation of living areas... but it's pretty. I would rather have the large slide instead of two small ones.

I missed the benefit of the straight roof line... Did they create more storage? What does it accomplish besides looking cool? I haven't seen it from the outside yet, but seems like it would be awesome. I don't understand why they didn't create taller cabinets at the rear over the sofa??

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 09-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
That makes sense. I can see how it would appeal to certain people... just like all the other models. It didn't appear to have slide in a slide... and we will never be without that unless the bedroom armoir is in an opposing slide on the passenger side. We have become accustomed to having that space in the bedroom and it's CRITICAL. I am not sure if it's an option or not. Also, dying to know the numbers... I bet it's HEAVY... But it's all about the suspension and wheels and tires and brakes.

We don't personally desire the separation of living areas... but it's pretty. I would rather have the large slide instead of two small ones.

I missed the benefit of the straight roof line... Did they create more storage? What does it accomplish besides looking cool? I haven't seen it from the outside yet, but seems like it would be awesome. I don't understand why they didn't create taller cabinets at the rear over the sofa??
The Salesman said IT WAS HEAVY... He also said it was equipped with 8K axles and H rated tires.. NOT sure if that's standard ?? according to the Stoltfus RV plate , MSRP is $145,000.00 and show price is $104,500.00..
Can we get another video , this time of the outside and awning area ?
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #26

Pretty sure Jeff said 8K's were standard in that model (needs to be standard in ALL models!!)

Old 09-18-2015, 06:24 PM   #27

8K's, 17.5" wheels and Disk brakes. I would have rather paid up front for all of those. But we have all discuss this to death over the last few months.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #28

RomanyLife, that's a Six, count-em 6 slide monster. Opposing slides in Living room area, Kitchen/Dining area, and bedroom.
It does look neat, but I agree, I would rather have the open area in the living/kitchen area with two large slides vs four small one. I hate the loss of closet space up front with the Washer/Dryer taking up the corner.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #29

You are right, missed one ;-) It's a lotta slides! <thinking of all those valves>
Also agree that I am jealous of my closet rod space, so many RV's use part of the main closet for W/D and I don't care for that-big selling point on the RL for us. I DID like the large linen closet (of nice, normal dimensions instead of triangle-shaped shelves like we have) in the bathroom... but bathroom junk has been the easiest for us to downsize. With a Washer/Dryer on board, no need to have more than just a few towels and one set of sheets. The more you have, the bigger pile of damp towels you have somewhere. :-) At least in our place.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:13 PM   #30

So the archway is non-functional? For some reason I thought there were sliding French doors there like the old Montana model.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #31

I do not like the Closet. We have gotten spoiled with all the room in ours.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
So the archway is non-functional? For some reason I thought there were sliding French doors there like the old Montana model.
There are sliding doors separating the living room and the dining room.

I do agree though....too many slides. Each slide is subject to air leaks and maintenance for the moving parts as well as the seals. The 5th wheel slides don't do the best job of sealing anyway. It is an impressive floor plan when you're sitting in it. I'd also be concerned about the suspension unless it's got 3 axles under it
Old 09-19-2015, 12:06 AM   #33

Here is a link to Lady E. Coopers Facebook video of the new RW 38RD from the Hershey Show. Jeff discusses the unit and Christian is there also.

https://www.facebook.com/evada.coope...5061161795400/

Saw this link on the ROG site and thought others might want to view it also.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:38 AM   #34
Site Team

Well....I stand corrected. The floor plan that was posted earlier had doors but the video doesn't show them.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Well....I stand corrected. The floor plan that was posted earlier had doors but the video doesn't show them.

I believe that Brad posted that pic of the Cedar Creek 38RD floor plan to get an idea of the lay out....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:40 AM   #36

Yep, at present no doors. Not sure I would want doors, with the recliners tucked into that small slide, you're going to feel closed in already without adding doors.
Might appeal to some, but we stay with our MB.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 09-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #37

At first it has the wow appeal, but when we looked a couple of times at the video we decided it wasn't for us. At the rally we looked close at the MB and if we were in the market for a new one that is what we would be going to and get the upgrades.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #38

Mark, we love our MB, especially after we finally got the LivingRoom Slide fixed.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I believe that Brad posted that pic of the Cedar Creek 38RD floor plan to get an idea of the lay out....
Ya, that was the Cedar Creek.

This was the old Montana I was thinking about (3600RL) - it had french doors separating the two and an etched transom window overhead. It was just nice if you have guests staying on the sofa bed, as they could close the doors and shades for some privacy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00x0x_fsfAp0tU4rf_600x450.jpg (29.8 KB, 4 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:19 AM   #40

Michelle,
I told my wife I would get the butler pantry and make it into my walk in storage, tool chest. She told me maybe NOT!! it could be my dog house! LOL.