Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 01:07 AM   #21

Which turbo head did you get? I've been wanting to get one , but I'm not sure which will work with our small central vac unit. Any info you can share would be appreciated (brand, model, where you got it, cost, whatever). Thank you!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #22

SueMar - there is a turbo head accessory available for the Dirt Devil central vac. Here is one location with info. http://www.centralvachq.com/RVCON/su...50-000120.aspx . Also I believe TurboCat offers a head for the Dirt Devil central vac. I had a TurboCat in our former sticks and bricks. It was very powerful.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #23

Did you get the 'rug rat' ($59.95 on the site you provided the link to)? It says that's for upholstery, carpeted stairs, auto interiors. Is it wide enough to be practical for doing the whole carpeted area?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #24

This is where we got the head for our central vac in the Carriage and use in the Redwod. The head takes a battery to run the brush, but it fits the standard central vac hose whether intervac, dirt devil, etc. We use dirt devil bags in our intervac. It seems like everything is the same except the name and the looks. http://www.travelvacuum.com/rv-central-vacuum.php
Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 AM   #25

I have not purchased a turbo head. You may want to send a message to the company in the link and ask them about the dimensions of the rug rat. It may not be big enough for the larger carpet areas.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Ordered ours w/o carpet, but still has it on chair slide. They said it had to be on slide due to it not being totally flat at seam. Also if you do go with wood or whatever you should get some "Slide Slickers", sold at most camping suppliers, as the slides when will scratch the flooring, the service center gave us a set for that very problem. Love not having carpet!!
I am curious as to how the slide slickers work since they have hard pointed nubs all over the bottom which seem to me would cause more damage to a wood floor than not using them at all.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Slide Slickers come package of 2 & are plastic strips with non-skid foam on the back & designed to hook into the slide gap & extend about 2-2.5'x6" into coach so that slide glides/rollers run onto them, may have to trim length. No marks now except on slickers, stored away when not in use.
The only slickers I have seen come with hard nubs underneath, not non-skid foam. Are there two versions of these?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMar View Post
Which turbo head did you get? I've been wanting to get one , but I'm not sure which will work with our small central vac unit. Any info you can share would be appreciated (brand, model, where you got it, cost, whatever). Thank you!
I still have the dirt devil in the RV but I just bought the portable Dyson to use. The Dirt Devil did ok but we think the Dyson will do better. If it doesn't ....I have 2 daughter-in-laws wanting it.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #29

We too looked at the small dyson animal as we have the large one at home...

but the wife said since we come to the house each load and unload, she'll just use the home version... we lay it in the bottom of the closet during travel.
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:25 AM   #30

I want to replace the flooring in our Redwood. With our dogs, carpet is just not practical and I can't get my DH to take his shoes off when he on the carpet. So, it it possible to do the real wood laminate and what thickness should I limit my selection to when I start my search. I have heard of others using Allure flooring.....does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for your help!

Eileen
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #31

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
I want to replace the flooring in our Redwood. With our dogs, carpet is just not practical and I can't get my DH to take his shoes off when he on the carpet. So, it it possible to do the real wood laminate and what thickness should I limit my selection to when I start my search. I have heard of others using Allure flooring.....does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for your help!

Eileen
We replaced our carpet with wood laminate flooring only we used a type that is more of a rubberized type. We got it at Lowes or Home Depot. Its very flexible and lighter than wood. The manufacturer claims its waterproof also.
The hardest part was getting the carpet out. The carpet is installed before the walls are put in so you have to cut around the edges.
Its very easy to install. Peel and stick and the sheets have a tiny rubber lip so they seal after installed. Cut to size with a utility knife.
Looks great. We did the main floor and the slide separate. Just floored right up to the black molding on the slide.
It comes in a variety of colors. We choose a dark wood and then did a square of marble in front of the fireplace to give the look of a hearth.
You do get marks from your slides as you travel if you dont protect it but because they dont interlock, the damaged ones can be replaced easily.
I even used the excess pieces to floor the basement. Didn't stick those down so I can take them out for cleaning.

WOW. The manufacturer should give me a promotional fee 💰👍😊
ichabod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #32

I'll try again to post pics

You can kinda get an idea of how we did the slide in this picture. The slide wasn't finished here and you can see the plywood underlayment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new floor2.jpg (208.0 KB, 20 views)
ichabod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #33

Exactly why our (on order) new 39MB was ordered with the optional vinyl flooring into the living room area. Carpeting looks nice but isn't practical in an RV, especially with our "furry kids" in my opinion. I was going to redo our current Cardinal with Allure flooring before deciding to trade it on the Redwood. From what I've read online, it seems to be a very popular choice for RV's since it's thin & durable.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #34

It seems everyone is using the Allure flooring not wood. How do you work around the stove and desk slide where you can't pull back the edges like the carpet?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #35

We opted for full lino in our new rw as well
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:43 PM   #36

I have one momma furry kid and four babies with me.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #37

Practical or not, anything other then carpet is a huge turnoff to me. To each their own lifestyle - makes life wonderful.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Practical or not, anything other then carpet is a huge turnoff to me. To each their own lifestyle - makes life wonderful.
X2!As a matter of fact I was very upset to see the type of carpet that Redwood was using in their earlier models and then when I went to look at one (late 2013 model) they had changed to the plush carpet and that is exactly what I was looking for. You don't see the plush carpet in many 5th wheels. I also love the curved wood wall,the stainless sink, the quartz countertops and the tile floor. All of those things except the carpet are no longer available.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:06 PM   #39

I agree Rick, I wish we had the Stainless Steel Sink and the Quartz Countertops.
We do not like the single bowl, White "Farmhouse" sink and our countertops are ok I guess, but the Quartz used in the past were much nicer.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:36 AM   #40
TnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Exactly why our (on order) new 39MB was ordered with the optional vinyl flooring into the living room area. Carpeting looks nice but isn't practical in an RV, especially with our "furry kids" in my opinion. .
Your dinette slide and the bedroom will still be carpet. Our unit left the factory just last month, so this is the current manufacturing configuration.
2015 RW 36FB w/GY 114 "H" tires, disc brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide, Furrion wireless backup camera
TnB is offline   Reply With Quote