Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #1

Ordered a 36RL loaded dealer is great they bumped it into one of there slots get it at the end of Sept replacing a 2011 Jayco Eagle 351 RLQS. I call it my starter 5th wheel. Going to be living the high life soon.
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #2

Congratulation Beechguyjim
</span>I see you are from Chesterfield is thatVa, if so I am just up the road from
you about 60 miles west.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
Ordered a 36RL loaded dealer is great they bumped it into one of there slots get it at the end of Sept replacing a 2011 Jayco Eagle 351 RLQS. I call it my starter 5th wheel. Going to be living the high life soon.

Welcome to the group!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #4

Welcome to the family.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #5

Congrats! So far I am really enjoying my new 36RL!

Old 08-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #6

Beechguyjim:
Who did you buy from? I'm looking for names of dealers who other owners are ahppy with so I can send them specs and get prices and order from one by the end of the month.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Suemarwhere are you guys located
Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #8

RollsRoyce: We're in Vermont, but we're retired and not at all averse to traveling to pick up our new "home." I'm talking to someone at LazyDays in FL. I see from other posts that folks have had a good experience with Lee'sVacation Center in MD and McGeorge's in VA. I think at least one had a good experience with Dennis Dillon in Idaho. We're open to suggestions. I just want to get the best deal we can (we're looking at a "sticker price" of $114,000 or so with all the options we want to add), but at the same time, I don't want to start right out with an obnoxious dealer who will be slow to fix things if we stay nearby to them for a few days. And from the posts on the forum, I'm looking forward to (dreading, really) all the little things the factory seems to miss because of poor quality control.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #9

SueMar, are you GoodSam Members? If so are you by chance going to the Samboree in Tunbridge next week? We'll be getting there on Wednesday afternoon and would be glad to give you the grand tour of our 36RL if you're in the neighborhood. As for Lazy Days, I think it all depends on who you get for a Salesman. The one we got was the pits, good thing we had a list of the options and everything we wanted, then I still had to talk to Brian to get some of the little extra things done that we wanted. We picked up our unit at the end of April and have never heard a thing from Lazy Days or the Salesman as to how were things going or anything, would I go back to them, only if they we the best price as they were in this case, and by a few thousand dollars.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #10

mhs4771: We aren good sam members, but won't ge going to the samboree. We sold our old camper (didn't want to have to deal with having 2 campersat the same time or trying to figure out pricing on the new unit as would happen if we had a trade)and haven't even ordered our 36rl. Also, I just had knee replacement surgery last month and I'm getting around ok as long as I'm on a level surface (not what I expect at Tunbridge). Thank you for the offer -- stay in touch and I'm sure we'll meet up somewhere soon!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #11

Where from Chesterfield MO that's a suburb of St. louis the dealer is out of Grain Valley MO close to Kc there name is Lifestyles RV they gave me a great trade in price and all the options at cost.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #12

They all miss something I learned with my Jayco that the dealers hire low priced people and after you have a 5th wheel for a while you know more than the do.
Just my four cents with inflation
Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Where from Chesterfield MO that's a suburb of St. louis the dealer is out of Grain Valley MO close to Kc there name is Lifestyles RV they gave me a great trade in price and all the options at cost.
That's the same dealer I used and was happy with the deal they gave me. I tried to work with the dealer in St.Louis but I could tell it wasn't going to work due to price.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
They all miss something I learned with my Jayco that the dealers hire low priced people and after you have a 5th wheel for a while you know more than the do.
Just my four cents with inflation

I certainly agree with your statement about knowing more than the service departments. I was a pop-up camper for 35 years before the purchase of our Redwood 36RL. For those 35 years, I did all of my own service except for some issues with tow vehicle wiring to the trailer.

Earlier this summer I had to take my coach into the dealer service department on a recall issue related to the hydraulic brakes. While the trailer was there, I decided to have some other small issues checked. One was related to the satellite system dish. When we purchased the trailer last fall, I had the service department install a Winegard Roadtrip Mini-max dish on the roof. I requested they set it for Dish Network and they had not...it was set up for Direct TV. So, while the trailer was in for service I requested they switch it over to Dish. When I picked up the trailer later, I noticed that the technician had labeled all of the cable jacks and I thought that is really great.....now I know what all the jacks are used for.................WRONG! After I brought the trailer home, I started setting up my Dish receiver and TV system. I discovered that all the labeling on the jacks were wrong except for the two in the docking area that the factory installed.

In all fairness, the dealer service departments have to work with a lot of different brands of trailers. The different brands have different designs but similar. On top of that the manufacturers don't seem to provide any more information to the dealers than they do to the end customers. I think the manufactures would be wise to do a better job of providing more and better information to everyone.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #15

When I put my washer dryer in they told me where to cut the vent hole if I would have put it where they said I would have cut right thru structure! Point see they mostly don't have a clue as to what they are doing and just wish you would go away. That's why I say pick your dealer on price not service because you mostly only get lip service from a dealer, now I know there are good service dealers out there I just have not found one but the Guys in Grain Valley look like there it.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Suemar
We bought our 36FB from Explore USA in Canton / Wills Point Texas from David LeFlore (good ole country boy)...Showed him estimates from other dealers local and non local...He gave us a really good offer and we told him we had one more place to check with that was only 6 miles from home and he beat their deal by $500 and they were same franchise....On top of that they gave us a certificat fo 2 night stay at Millcreek Ranch RV Resort in Canton about 3 miles from the dealer. Look up Millcreek on internet (fun fishing and extremely nice park). We did find a couple smaall things wrong and gave the trailer back to them on the 3rd day to repair at their leisure...We live only a couple hours away and travel back and forth to the area every couple weeks or so to visit kids and grandkids...They called us 10 days later and we picked it up....Havd only used 3 times since but for at least 4 days at a time traveling up to 350 miles and no problems yet...Dealership has checked with us several times and they even sent us a box of fancy fudge from a specialty house in the area (yummy yummy)..Please use our name if you purchase through them...They give a $250 fee for referrals and will do the same for you...If you would like some reaal good info send me your email address or phone number and I will gladly contact you either way and give some interesting advice
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #17

RollsRoyce:
swmlaw@hotmail.com
Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #18

Hello Everyone,

We also ordered a 36RL yesterday. After lots of comparison shopping, we settled on Redwood because it had everything we wanted, and seems to have a lot of bang-for-the-buck. We live about 30 minutes from the dealer in Denver (Windish), and believe we got a pretty good deal by going thru Doug Richards, the Regional Sales Mgr.

We're happy to be joining the group. I've been monitoring this forum for a while, and you guys are very helpful for current and future owners. Hopefully, I can repay the favor in the coming months.

Randy
Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #19

I want to make sure everyone know that any of my dealer service comment do not apply to the dealer I am getting my 36RL from the guys at lifestyle RV have went out of there way to answer all my questions and the owner wants to put me in a RV park across the highway to check it out and make sure it's a big go for the trip from KC to the west coast in October they are heads above the place I got my Jayco from in 2010
Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
I want to make sure everyone know that any of my dealer service comment do not apply to the dealer I am getting my 36RL from the guys at lifestyle RV have went out of there way to answer all my questions and the owner wants to put me in a RV park across the highway to check it out and make sure it's a big go for the trip from KC to the west coast in October they are heads above the place I got my Jayco from in 2010
Are you working with Rich on this deal too?