Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 06:36 AM   #1

New 2021 Redwood 3401RL

Well finally got our first Redwood Rv, looking forward to getting it out on the road and seeing this country. Any advise for the new unit or things to watch out for?
AKBugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:49 PM   #2

Test EVERYTHING before you leave. After taking delivery on our 3401 we started out on our 6 hour trip home. Had planned to camp overnight on the way. We found the following issues.

Only 1 of the 3 A/C units worked: Cause was no one bothered to hook up the thermostats to the Unit, the wires were just hanging in the wall.

The inverter didn't work: Cause was the house batteries were dead BECAUSE they never wired the batteries to the inverter/charger.

Shower leaked due to the vinyl shower surround not being caulked to the shower base. The vinyl had come away from the wall enough that the water was bouncing off the pan and behind the vinyl surround. The way we picked up on it was the area under the RV was wet.

Wish I had listened to the service manager less and checked more.
Dakota 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:16 AM   #3

Check the tires! My tires were rated for the weight but not speed. They were rated for 62 mph. After my first trip to Arches National Park I had two blowouts. I have since changed my tires to better rated tires.

Check the securement of your refrigerator! My refrigerator fell out of the wall while in transit. This destroyed several cabinets, the oven, floor and the refrigerator. Four months at the dealer for warranty repair. This was on the previously mentioned trip.

My 2020 Redwood 3981FK is only 18 months old. Above issues happened within the first six months.

As mentioned before, check EVERYTHING. I found a few other items upon delivery that I had to repair myself. (Inverter, gas line to stove, suspension bolts not properly torqued, blinds)
jawolife is offline   Reply With Quote