Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #1

Neverfail suspension bushing

Does anyone have experience with the nylon suspension bushing Lippert makes call the "Neverfail Bushing".

Mike n Vicki King
2015 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ford F350 DRW FX4
KingCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #2

GEE I wonder why they came up with THAT?! Haha... I will check what they sent to my service department to replace my shredded Lippert JUNK bushings... Probably those, which means they will probably FAIL.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
GEE I wonder why they came up with THAT?! Haha... I will check what they sent to my service department to replace my shredded Lippert JUNK bushings... Probably those, which means they will probably FAIL.
Did you see the post the other day from Christian chatting about the Bushings ??
here , I got it for you !--

Here are our results:

1) We researched. We looked into all claims, both paid and denied, regarding bushings and found very few occurrences. Overall the NYLON bushings that we were using have performed well and to an acceptable level. However, we listened to our owners and decided to make some adjustments.

2) We have now changed to BRONZE bushings on all current production. If you have had no issues with your bushings we are happy to provide you the bronze bushings at a reduced rate through Lippert Components, the labor for this replacement will be the responsibility of the owner. If your bushings show undue wear and tear we will be happy to cover the replacement of the bushings with bronze bushings.

The on line store for Lippert is - Home page, however to receive the Redwood Special Pricing call (574) 312-6850, (have your VIN ready!!)
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #4

I did NOT see that! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been on the forum much lately because of an imminent wedding (my oldest daughter) which is this weekend, then life will settle down again a little. We have towed our trailer very little and the bushings are TOAST.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 10-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
I did NOT see that! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been on the forum much lately because of an imminent wedding (my oldest daughter) which is this weekend, then life will settle down again a little. We have towed our trailer very little and the bushings are TOAST.
Figured you missed it... I would call and get those bronze bushings.. NEVER trust NEVER FAIL anything . .
Old 10-21-2015, 03:00 AM   #6

Good news, they sent the bronze bushings... they are waiting for us down at the service department to be installed.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #7

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Did you see the post the other day from Christian chatting about the Bushings ??
here , I got it for you !--

Here are our results:

1) We researched. We looked into all claims, both paid and denied, regarding bushings and found very few occurrences. Overall the NYLON bushings that we were using have performed well and to an acceptable level. However, we listened to our owners and decided to make some adjustments.

2) We have now changed to BRONZE bushings on all current production. If you have had no issues with your bushings we are happy to provide you the bronze bushings at a reduced rate through Lippert Components, the labor for this replacement will be the responsibility of the owner. If your bushings show undue wear and tear we will be happy to cover the replacement of the bushings with bronze bushings.

The on line store for Lippert is - Home page, however to receive the Redwood Special Pricing call (574) 312-6850, (have your VIN ready!!)
Just called Lippert reference the bronze bushings & asked about "Redwoods Special Pricing" & they had no clue what the heck I was talking about. Anyone advise & how many bushings I'd need to order?
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #8

Help! !

Hey Christian , How about a little help above ! ! ! !
Old 10-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #9

Wouldn't it be a nice PR thing if Redwood had a "Recall" reference the plastic bushings similar to the auto industry? Obvious that mgt. realized that this plastic bushing situation needed to be addressed in light of them now producing the current production units with the BRONZE bushings. Oh well wishful thinking considering the fact that I've already made a warranty issue appointment (leaking bedroom slide) for Nov. 11th.
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:43 AM   #10

The only reason there haven't been more warranty claims, they last just that long. I replaced mine this summer at about 6k miles. The 4 outer, fixed hangers, the bushings were junk.

Mark
Old 10-23-2015, 02:32 AM   #11

UPDATE:
Decided to not piddle around with Lippert & their so called "Redwood" discount for the bronze bushings. Just ordered Morride kit #U012-021 Bronze bushings, heavy duty Shackles ,& wet bolt kit from Amazon. $95 bucks. Going to have them installed by my dealer when I bring it in for service & be done with it.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #12
Site Team

I installed the same kit a few weeks ago. Six of the plastic bushings were worn through.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
UPDATE:
Decided to not piddle around with Lippert & their so called "Redwood" discount for the bronze bushings. Just ordered Morride kit #U012-021 Bronze bushings, heavy duty Shackles ,& wet bolt kit from Amazon. $95 bucks. Going to have them installed by my dealer when I bring it in for service & be done with it.

Very wise decision!

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #14

Quote:
UPDATE:

Got mine from Makarios RV... your kit is $87.00.. have you thought about switching to the Mor/ryde SRE4000 while your at it ? Its only a couple more bolts to remove at that stage , mine was $349.00 from Makarios
Old 10-24-2015, 02:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Got mine from Makarios RV... your kit is $87.00.. have you thought about switching to the Mor/ryde SRE4000 while your at it ? Its only a couple more bolts to remove at that stage , mine was $349.00 from Makarios
$95 bucks at Amazon but FREE (Prime) shipping....... think I'll just go with the bushing/shackle upgrade for now but thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
$95 bucks at Amazon but FREE (Prime) shipping....... think I'll just go with the bushing/shackle upgrade for now but thanks for the heads up!

Take a look at Dyer's RV pricing at the following links:

For Mor/ryde SRE 4000 Equalizer:

MOR/Ryde SRE/4000 Suspension System for 33" Wheelbase Tandem Axle Trailers - RV / Trailer Suspension Upgrades - RV / Trailer Steering & Suspensions - Towing & Automotive

For Mor/ryde Heavy Duty Shackles Kit:

MOR/Ryde Heavy Duty Shackle Kit for Tandem SRE/4000 - RV / Trailer Suspension Upgrades - RV / Trailer Steering & Suspensions - Towing & Automotive

Shipping is only $8.98 and about 5 days.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
Thanks Guy..... if I decide to get the SRE 4000, want to make sure I order the correct one. Have a 2016 39MB. The one for the tandem 33" should be the one right ?
Old 10-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #18

The MorRyde heavy duty shackle kit was next on my list to do. Was planning to do it when I put it in storage. Problem now is that I am having it done at dealership. I was taking unit to dealership for some paint work on rear cap. I was 10 miles from dealer when the drivers side rear hanger wetbolt snapped and spring came out of hanger. Rear axle moved forward and cut the brake line. Now have to have extensive work done. Need rear caliper, axle and brake lines replaced. Figured might as well have all wet bolts replaced along with bushings while it is there. Now waiting to see if all this will be covered. Only had 4700 miles on new unit.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired educators View Post
The MorRyde heavy duty shackle kit was next on my list to do. Was planning to do it when I put it in storage. Problem now is that I am having it done at dealership. I was taking unit to dealership for some paint work on rear cap. I was 10 miles from dealer when the drivers side rear hanger wetbolt snapped and spring came out of hanger. Rear axle moved forward and cut the brake line. Now have to have extensive work done. Need rear caliper, axle and brake lines replaced. Figured might as well have all wet bolts replaced along with bushings while it is there. Now waiting to see if all this will be covered. Only had 4700 miles on new unit.
4700 miles...unbelieveable! These are not Park models! They are supposed to be made to be lived in full time and traveled in to enjoy, not to have a frequent "parking spot" at a dealership for service on items that should last for years. I'm baffled by some of the issues I see on the fourm! I get really frustrated to see all the upgrades/changes that have to be made to make our rigs safe and truly roadworthy.
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks Guy..... if I decide to get the SRE 4000, want to make sure I order the correct one. Have a 2016 39MB. The one for the tandem 33" should be the one right ?
You can go to the Mor/ryde website and download a qualification sheet that explains how to determine which SRE 4000 you will need. Use the following links to learn more:

http://www.morryde.com/uploads/downl...ion%20Form.pdf

Other related links:

SRE4000 Suspension System - MORryde Products

My 2012 36RL required the 33 inch version (SRE2-733X) but I can't say for sure about other RW models.

Hope this helps.