Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2022, 08:08 PM   #1

Needing to replace bathroom faucet

I have a 2015 38RL and have recently been overhauling my bathroom. I'm trying to replace the single valve vanity faucet, but when I looked up under the sink, I discovered that I have 3 blue water lines and one red one. I can't figure out what the extra two blue ones are for.

Unfortunately, they are all going to be very difficult to access in order to replace the faucet. It's almost as bad as when I replaced the kitchen sink faucet.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to best tackle this job?
sbenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:32 PM   #2
Site Team

The other two lines should have a anti-backflow valve up high under the sink. They are the black tank flush lines.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
The other two lines should have a anti-backflow valve up high under the sink. They are the black tank flush lines.
As Vaughn said! Two of those lines will connected up behind the sink with the BFP creating a loop back to the black tank.
The OEM faucet should be connected with pex fittings with a cone washer in them & should easily removed & tightened when replaced by hand.
If your confirm or get fittings to have 1/2" NPT threads on the replacement faucet it should be an easy swap other than not being able see anything & doing by feel.
We had the dishwasher in our '13 that made the cabinet above it with an opening only about 10" tall. I told the DW if I were 3' tall with 6' long arms that had 3 more joints in them with 1 eyeball I could place wherever I needed it that job would've been a piece of cake, BUT it took me all day doing by feel with 1 hand.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
As Vaughn said! Two of those lines will connected up behind the sink with the BFP creating a loop back to the black tank.
The OEM faucet should be connected with pex fittings with a cone washer in them & should easily removed & tightened when replaced by hand.
If your confirm or get fittings to have 1/2" NPT threads on the replacement faucet it should be an easy swap other than not being able see anything & doing by feel.
We had the dishwasher in our '13 that made the cabinet above it with an opening only about 10" tall. I told the DW if I were 3' tall with 6' long arms that had 3 more joints in them with 1 eyeball I could place wherever I needed it that job would've been a piece of cake, BUT it took me all day doing by feel with 1 hand.
That is the real challenge of this project. Not being able to see anything and having to do it all by feel. I'm going to try to find someone to do this for me. At this point, I'd be willing to pay top dollar to avoid this headache....
Old 02-16-2022, 02:17 PM   #5

How much trouble did you have getting the nut off the bottom of the faucet so that you could lift the unit up? I don't think I can get a wrench around it underneath that sink. It's a very tight area.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenhoff View Post
How much trouble did you have getting the nut off the bottom of the faucet so that you could lift the unit up? I don't think I can get a wrench around it underneath that sink. It's a very tight area.
A lot!
If I were to do it on the kitchen sink again I'd check if the back panel of the island could be removed!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:29 PM   #7

I got lucky with my kitchen sink and found a device that could loosen the nut. It was a life saver. Unfortunately, I don't think I can use the device on this bathroom sink. It is a horrible design for any future replacements.

I have found an RV service guy that is going to take a look at it to see if he is willing/able to tackle it. I generally try to do my own work, but this is one I may leave to the "professionals". I'm in my 60's, a big guy, and just not interested in going through the hassels on this one.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:51 PM   #8

Not sure if you are replacing the faucet for appearances or for a problem with it. Our buddy with a 2013 Redwood had a problem with the faucet and found the faucet manufacturer has a lifetime warranty on it, he got a complete set of replacement parts free and fixed the faucet, I helped him and put marks on the unit when trying to unscrew the faucet at the top with slip joint pliers, the manufacturer also supplied that replacement piece!
Old 02-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #9

We were actually replacing it to match the decor of the other fixtures that I changed out. I'll have to remember that fact about the warranties, as I used it when I replaced the kitchen faucet.

I finally gave up on the bathroom faucet and just let my RV tech guy replace it for me. It was just one headache I didn't want to deal with. Although, as I was right there when he replaced it, he made it look so easy. I almost said "wait, I can do that"

Thanks again for your suggestion.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:15 PM   #10

I carefully pried our back panel off when replacing our kitchen faucet, reattaching with screws. It was interesting to see how it was screwed together, with no access to the original screws for removal. In one of my past lives I worked on heavy equipment and I swore that they hung some of the parts by a string and built the machine around it. This was a similar experience. I haven't had to tackle the bathroom sink.....yet.