Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #1

Morryde Step Above RV Steps!

Has anyone installed the new Morryde Step Above RV Steps?

Ordered a set for my 38RL today. Looks easy to install and your original steps stay in place.

More information can be found at this link:

You all take Care.

Jeff
JT & BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #2

It was never shown what they looked like from inside, looks like they will stick into the entry way quite aways. Looks very study otherwise.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:23 AM   #3

They are very sturdy and work well. I looked at them at the rally. Only reason I didn't go with them is they do take up room on the inside but my main concern is when they are wet and dirty it will all end up on your floor. Also if for some reason they are not latched correctly,when you open your door you might end up with a major headache when they hit you.

Steve
Old 10-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #4

So What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
It was never shown what they looked like from inside, looks like they will stick into the entry way quite aways. Looks very study otherwise.
What difference does it make if it sticks into the RV quite aways? You can't ride in the RV going down the road! I don't know of anyone who retracts their steps when inside the RV.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
They are very sturdy and work well. I looked at them at the rally. Only reason I didn't go with them is they do take up room on the inside but my main concern is when they are wet and dirty it will all end up on your floor. Also if for some reason they are not latched correctly,when you open your door you might end up with a major headache when they hit you.

Steve
We have an entry rug at the door to catch any dirt and water. If they are dirty, you can always wipe or rinse them off.

As for falling on you when you open the door. The steps are latched in place and are a tilted INWARD a little over center to prevent them from falling out on you.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post

Steve
I'm with you, they look like they would be more work. I can imagine it pouring down rain and I'm trying to wipe them off before putting them inside, I'm not sure a rug would solve that issue. I'm also not a fan of having to adjust the legs to make them level.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
We were at the CA RV show yesterday. DRV had them on some of their trailers. They even had a hand rail attached down the one side of them. Very sturdy. Ken and Shelley had them on their trailer at the rally. Not for me though
Old 10-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #8

Sometimes there are solutions in search of a problem...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:33 PM   #9
Site Team

I think with some planing from the manufactures theses could be made to slide under the floor. That would eleminarte the dirt and water from coming into the coach
Old 10-10-2016, 12:21 AM   #10
S&K

Like Shane said, we have had ours for 2 months now.

So far, we have been lucky and not been in pouring rain when we are hooking up, but if the steps were wet, a good old beach towel thrown over them would help with a water issue.

They clean up real nice and easy - in fact, I decided not to put the step covers on them (i still have them on the old set).

They are very sturdy, and have found the leveling feet to come in handy, but for the most part - have not had to adjust them much. They also "lock into place" while in transit, and one of the things I tried before we bought was to see if I could reach the latch to release the steps. I can.

We've gotten inquiries at just about every park we've stayed at so far, including motorhome owners!

Like Dave said too, maybe they'd find a way to keep it 'outside' eventually, but MorRyde was thinking about an insert storage box for underneath the steps, once converted.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:34 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Thanks guys
Old 10-10-2016, 12:53 AM   #12
Site Team

Don't think that only 5th wheels have step problems. My diesel pusher has had them too. So far I've had to replaced the motor and last week I had a bolt break on the mounting bracket.

When the motor went out we had a hell of time getting the wife in and out of the coach for 1 day waiting for the the motor to be overnight shipped to us. I ended up buying a small step stool that we now carry for those type of emergencies.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT & BT View Post
I don't know of anyone who retracts their steps when inside the RV.
I do
A friend of a friend retracts them when he takes the two dogs out for a walk because they have white cocker spaniels and he puts 'booties' on their feet before taking them out of the 5'er ...

He's a 'unique' individual and forgets his wife has already fallen face first out of the 5'er once !!!!! DOOH !

And Dave, if yours are the coachstep brand, Lippert had a recall and paid for my replacements
https://www.google.com/search?q=lipp...utf-8&oe=utf-8
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:57 PM   #14

Ken & Shelly, When you say you checked to make sure you could reach them to pull down, was it Ken or Shelly? Ken, you look taller than Shelly. My DW is 4'11....could she reach them? She normally pulls the stock steps out when we set up.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #15
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4us2 View Post
Ken & Shelly, When you say you checked to make sure you could reach them to pull down, was it Ken or Shelly? Ken, you look taller than Shelly. My DW is 4'11....could she reach them? She normally pulls the stock steps out when we set up.
I (Shelley) am 5'2" if I stand up nice and tall. I can reach the latch without standing on my tip-toes.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote