Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #1

Morryde IS SUSPENSION

This question is for all who have the Morryde IS Suspension System.

I have decide to get the system put on our 38RL this summer.

Would like to know from those that have the IS if you have had any problems? Alignment? Rubber Spring Problems? etc.

Appreciate all your feedback.

Thank you.

JT
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Brenda View Post
This question is for all who have the Morryde IS Suspension System.

I have decide to get the system put on our 38RL this summer.

Would like to know from those that have the IS if you have had any problems? Alignment? Rubber Spring Problems? etc.

Appreciate all your feedback.

Thank you.

JT

Hello Jeff, My IS has only been on the RW since June of “16”, and with that, no issues so far..
I did have the IS on my last SOB, I had it on there for 5 years till it sold, I did NOT have any issues right up to the day I got rid of it...

I will get the IS on any future RV I own...
Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:04 PM   #3
Site Team

I'll second what Joe said above. I've had the IS for 5 years and over 37k miles and would never own a fifth wheel without it. Had one issue a couple of years ago coming back from Maine where one wheel got a bit knocked out of alignment (toe -in). Stopped at a heavy duty trailer shop that had a Hunter el chronic trailer alignment system and 2 hours later was on my way again. That's been the only issue.

The up side to the IS is that overall handling of the entire rig is greatly improved and the ride difference is nothing short of remarkable. We're loaded heavy as fulltimers and running H rated Sailun tires. At 115 psi, virtually nothing much moves around in the coach. We even leave the coffee make and toaster oven on the counter.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #4

IS Suspension

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have the Redwood setup for June install in Elkhart. Looking forward to it.

I just ordered my 17.5 Sailun Tires and new wheels from Performance Trailer Braking. Titan Guy has apparently sold the company to Michael Barnett, but still works for them occasionally. So, I am now waiting to hear from Mr. Barnett as to when I can expect my Tires.

I have only heard good about the Sailun Tires and matched up with the Morryde IS will make my 38RL a premium RIG.

Thanks again.

JT
Old 02-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I have the Redwood setup for June install in Elkhart. Looking forward to it.

I just ordered my 17.5 Sailun Tires and new wheels from Performance Trailer Braking. Titan Guy has apparently sold the company to Michael Barnett, but still works for them occasionally. So, I am now waiting to hear from Mr. Barnett as to when I can expect my Tires.

I have only heard good about the Sailun Tires and matched up with the Morryde IS will make my 38RL a premium RIG.

Thanks again.

JT
There's one more upgrade that if you don't have them I'd highly recommend, disc brakes. The difference between drum & disc is totally amazing, you can actually tell the RW is slowing down the truck, I've towed all types of trailers, none with disc brakes, & never was able to tell this well that they were stopping you.
In my opinion, if you tow enough to justify the expense of the IS then disc brakes should also be part of the package..
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #6

Oh Yes, Disc Brakes are being added when Morryde puts on the IS system. 8K axles also. Gonna be a Good Ride!
Old 02-07-2018, 11:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Oh Yes, Disc Brakes are being added when Morryde puts on the IS system. 8K axles also. Gonna be a Good Ride!
You will be absolutely thrilled when you tow after those upgrades !!!!!

Joe
Old 02-08-2018, 12:00 AM   #8
Site Team

Jeff - make sure you read your truck manual and go into the truck app settings to change your brak controller from electric/electric to electric/hydraulic after the discs are on. It will work if you don't but there will be a noticeable delay and you'll have to run gain higher than you would if the setting is changed.

As an aside, the other day coming to Santa Rosa Beach on US98 I had to climb all over th brakes b cause an idiot pulled out in front of me. I could feel both the trailer and th car braking and the whole rig hauled right down as good as or better than the truck alone would have done. Thoroughly impressed and that's after over 30k miles with them.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:07 AM   #9

We had the IS on our 36RL and went from Florida to Alaska and Back. The 8K IS was installed on this 39MB before we took delivery and it's been from Florida to Western New York a few times and all over the Canadian Maritime and all the way to Thompson, Manitoba and back just over 30K total and no problems.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #10

8kIS

I hated to spend the money but — I am so happy I did. Fantastic upgrade
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
I hated to spend the money but — I am so happy I did. Fantastic upgrade
I know, it's a CHUNK of Change. I should have had the entire system put on, when I had the unit built. Would have saved allot of driving back and forth to Indiana. I'm looking forward to it.

I should be getting my new Sailun Tires and Wheels here soon. But, can't do much right now. It's too cold to work on anything.

You all take Care.

JT
Old 02-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #12

Quote:
I know, it's a CHUNK of Change. I should have had the entire system put on, when I had the unit built. Would have saved allot of driving back and forth to Indiana. I'm looking forward to it.

I should be getting my new Sailun Tires and Wheels here soon. But, can't do much right now. It's too cold to work on anything.

You all take Care.

JT
We actually had a blast on our return trip to Indiana, we made it into a vacation.. had Tiara RV install the Onan 6.5, while they were doing that we toured the area.. then while at Morryde, we did a ton of stuff..

If you have time, try to visit the grounds of Notre Dame... incredible... Then you have the rv hall of fame...Shipshwanna area, it went very fast !

Joe
Old 02-08-2018, 02:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
We actually had a blast on our return trip to Indiana, we made it into a vacation.. had Tiara RV install the Onan 6.5, while they were doing that we toured the area.. then while at Morryde, we did a ton of stuff..

If you have time, try to visit the grounds of Notre Dame... incredible... Then you have the rv hall of fame...Shipshwanna area, it went very fast !

Joe
Been to Notre Dame several times. Did you get to see "DROP KICK ME JESUS"? It is a very beautiful Campus. And we have stayed in Shipshewana a number of times too. Lots of stuff to go see there! Unfortunately, the trip coming up will be solo, as my Wife can't get off work. So, it's a long drive from Louisiana by myself. Takes me 3 days to get there.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #14
Site Team

The Studebaker Museum is well worth the time also and then there is the drive up to Sturgis and spend a whole day at the Bonntrager RV Surplus place. I can wander around there for hours. Lol
Old 02-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #15

Hey Jeff, put our IS system on in March 2016, get good savings in winter months, also changed to Timken bearings at same time, we've traveled many miles over this beautiful country of ours since then, and my original tires look brand new, and the unit rides like a dream.
If I had one thing to say would be do your PM, keep system greased and tires at pressure, if not you will notice the difference in ride and have to do it as quickly as possible.
I carry a bottle jack, a 4x4 block and a grease gun, and takes no time to jack each wheel up and grease. I probably grease a little more often than they say, but gives me peace of mind.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #16

I already have the Timken Bearings ordered with Morryde, they stock them. You just have to ask to have them installed. Also, requested the TITAN Break System for the Hydraulics. I should be getting my new Sailun 17.5 tires and wheels next week.

My major thought on all this stuff is: I wish REDWOOD would just make this stuff standard on all their builds. The added cushion with the IS really saves on the wear and tear of the frame and internal components, vs. standard Leaf Springs bouncing down the road.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:36 PM   #17

Quote:

You all take Care.

JT
It is a chunk of change - but to me it cures a lot of inherent woes with the standard 5er suspension. We were scheduling the IS on our Redwood in the spring before we just decided to trade. Our Redwood had some issues with the 8K factory springs and I never liked those cheesy spring hangers.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #18

We ordered are 2017 36 RL with 8k axles, H tires and disc brakes, best decision we made especially the disc brakes, absolutely love them. Wished we had the Morryde IS suspension, may come later, lost a Lippert shackle bolt on the way to Redwood Rally this year, Lippert replaced all moving parts on suspension at the Rally no questions asked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
We had the IS on our 36RL and went from Florida to Alaska and Back. The 8K IS was installed on this 39MB before we took delivery and it's been from Florida to Western New York a few times and all over the Canadian Maritime and all the way to Thompson, Manitoba and back just over 30K total and no problems.

How was the trip to Alaska its road conditions, any major problems? We are thinking about making the trip in a few years and would like to hear about the conditions and campsites in Alaska. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 11:24 PM   #20

We had zero issues. Because we were traveling with Fantasy RV Tours, all the Camp Grounds were pre-arranged. Some we tight but we always managed to squeeze in. The roads weren't any where near as bad as the horror stories you hear, you just have to take it easy and when a gravel truck is coming at you, slow down more and get as far to the right as you can. Several lost windshields from rocks off those trucks.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote