Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2021, 09:57 PM   #1

Morryde 4000

I am planning on having the Morryde 4000 suspension installed on my 2015 38GK. Wondering from those that had it installed on their Redwood what they thought of it. Also, I haven't done any measurements yet and was wondering if I would need the 733X or 735X?
Thanks
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #2

'I added the SRE 4000 to ours and it was a great improvement. Suggest you while you are at it you add the cross bars and have support welded to the frame brackets. I boxed the brackets added the Heavy duty shackles and wet bolts . Upgraded to all timken bearings and seals at the same time. I did all the work with the help of a friend cost was about 1500.00 but a great improvement. IS would be best but I did not want to spend 6k and we are only weekend warriors.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
'I added the SRE 4000 to ours and it was a great improvement. Suggest you while you are at it you add the cross bars and have support welded to the frame brackets. I boxed the brackets added the Heavy duty shackles and wet bolts . Upgraded to all timken bearings and seals at the same time. I did all the work with the help of a friend cost was about 1500.00 but a great improvement. IS would be best but I did not want to spend 6k and we are only weekend warriors.
Its around $4000 for Morryde IS and $7K plus with disk braked added with Timken bearings.

I do agree stock spring only leaves you feeling WOW this rides rough. I had LCI center trunnions that are similar to the morryde 4000 and the IS was a great improvement over that. As a added bonus I pulled into Morryde in Elkhart with a broken wet bolt that happed some place between central PA and Indiana on the ride out to get IS installed. The factory wet bolts , lack of hanger bracing , flat springs all added up to a complete replacement for me. Up graded to 8k axles from 7k and inspect and grease it every 2~3000 miles . no issues in 2 seasons.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:19 PM   #4

We're going on 6 years and 50K miles with the IS and not a single suspension issue.
Scheduled to stop up to MORryde after this years Rally, if it happens, and get everything checked out and bearing packed.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:24 PM   #5

Morryde 4000

I upgraded about two years ago to the Morryde 4000 plus the bearings and had already upgraded to the Disc brakes. I upgraded to the 8000# axels and leaf springs. Plus the H rated tires. wish I would have left the 7000# Leafs on it for the softer ride. Since I upgraded to the heavier leaf springs I am having lots of issues inside the coach. Couch and chairs bouncing around. Cabinet latches breaking and TV mounts had to be reattached. Just some of my experience. I guess I need to load it down with full water tank and a lot more clothes and luggage. LOL!
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstan View Post
I upgraded about two years ago to the Morryde 4000 plus the bearings and had already upgraded to the Disc brakes. I upgraded to the 8000# axels and leaf springs. Plus the H rated tires. wish I would have left the 7000# Leafs on it for the softer ride. Since I upgraded to the heavier leaf springs I am having lots of issues inside the coach. Couch and chairs bouncing around. Cabinet latches breaking and TV mounts had to be reattached. Just some of my experience. I guess I need to load it down with full water tank and a lot more clothes and luggage. LOL!
before I did the IS upgrade it looked like there was a earth quake in the RV every time we stopped. the cabinets doors would open and dump its contents on to the floor, molding came loose all the time, closets doors off the track cabinets pulled off the wall (dinning room table wood box). Since the upgrade we leave the toaster and coffee maker on the kitchen counter, zero issue with doors opening or moldings since. It make that much of a difference!

My advice to everyone , save your money and go all the way you will not regret the money spent .
Old 01-23-2021, 09:16 PM   #7

Morryryde 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
before I did the IS upgrade it looked like there was a earth quake in the RV every time we stopped. the cabinets doors would open and dump its contents on to the floor, molding came loose all the time, closets doors off the track cabinets pulled off the wall (dinning room table wood box). Since the upgrade we leave the toaster and coffee maker on the kitchen counter, zero issue with doors opening or moldings since. It make that much of a difference!

My advice to everyone , save your money and go all the way you will not regret the money spent .
Truthfully I wanted to do just that. Cost was one consideration. Then no dealer close does the install of the IS system. I am to deep into the Redwood already. I am now faced with a huge decision. Try and sell the absolutely beautiful garage kept Redwood. Then go and invest into a Fifthwheel that already has all the important upgrades on it. Or keep what I got and invest yet another $4500-$5000 to get the IS system installed. it is a hard choice. Who knows where our gas prices are going to go to now. So travel may be out of the question.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:01 AM   #8
Site Team

Has anyone thought about going to the Roadmaster Comfort Ride Suspension system? Take a look at the following link:

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...2460-2570.html

Five years ago, I installed the Mor/Ryde SRE-4000 along with their heavy duty shack kit and for the most part I have been very satisfied with the improvement in the ride of the coach. But, the standard leaf spring system is a weak link. This winter while coming to Florida, I had a spring bundle break after going over 10 miles of severe rough road on southbound I-65 around Birmingham, AL. I had a 6 hour delay to have a mobile service come in and replace the spring bundle.

I would love to do the Mor/ryde IS suspension but the cost is somewhat prohibitive for 8 1/2 year old Redwood. So, I am looking at the Roadmaster Comfort Ride Suspension system because I can install it myself once I return home.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #9

mstan . I have the 39mb with 8K. axles. I added the moryde shocks and it improved the the ride a 100%. I have left a water bottle on my kitchen counter and drove 170 mile through the mountains in Washington. that bottle was still sitting on the counter when I stopped to check it .
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
Has anyone thought about going to the Roadmaster Comfort Ride Suspension system? Take a look at the following link:

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...2460-2570.html

Five years ago, I installed the Mor/Ryde SRE-4000 along with their heavy duty shack kit and for the most part I have been very satisfied with the improvement in the ride of the coach. But, the standard leaf spring system is a weak link. This winter while coming to Florida, I had a spring bundle break after going over 10 miles of severe rough road on southbound I-65 around Birmingham, AL. I had a 6 hour delay to have a mobile service come in and replace the spring bundle.

I would love to do the Mor/ryde IS suspension but the cost is somewhat prohibitive for 8 1/2 year old Redwood. So, I am looking at the Roadmaster Comfort Ride Suspension system because I can install it myself once I return home.

Guy
That is an interesting system. In a small way it is kind of like an IS with the leaf springs not connected to each other. I think I may shift from the Morryde to this Roadmaster.
Thanks for the info, and if you do install the Roadmaster let us know how it turns out.
Thanks
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote