Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2016, 02:51 AM   #41

I am 100% sure of the height increase on mine but there may be a height adjustment that allows level towing. Before IS I did not use pads under my jacks for leveling. After I needed a minimum of 2 - 1" blocks so the jacks would not stroke out.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:55 AM   #42

Called Moryde they said that they strive for a 1 inch difference in height, but depending on coach it could go as high as 2 inches.
They said they have done a lot of Redwoods, and the results are usually about an inch.
We decided to go with the IS system, and will make an appointment to have done sometime in April, after we leave Va, listening to chat on forum, I think I may as well have them install Timkin bearing at that time also.
Thanks to all for advise, hope to see you out there.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:13 PM   #43
Site Team

Jeff ~ when they did mine I also was doing the Kodiak Disc Brakes at the same time so the only upcharge for the Timkens was parts. I think it was $80.00/axle but don't hold me to that.

Hands down, the upgrades at MOR Ryde were the best money I ever spent on the coach. Have pulled it about 12k miles since doing it and the difference is night and day. Especially the day some Tennessee idiot in a pickup pulled out right in front of me and I had everything locked up to where the ABS on the truck activated and the rig was totally straight and stable.

You won't regret it. If Gary Wheeler is around, please tell him I said Hi and I'll see him later in the summer for service and some more "stuff". LOL
Old 01-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #44

We are planning on getting suspension upgrade. Have already went to 8000 lb axles. Wanted to beef up the springs and add the SRE/4000 system. As we find out the SRE cannot be used due to spring change,and cannot get the IS system done here, we're looking at a Dexter system. Anybody gone this route?
Comments??
[SIGPIC]
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #45

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Don
Have you looked into the center point air bags. I installed them and are very happy with them. Trailer rides way smoother than the equiflex and a lot cheaper than the IS
Old 01-30-2016, 01:13 PM   #46

Thanks Shane.
Will explore the centre point system as well when I next talk to axle company.
[SIGPIC]
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote