Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 02:15 AM   #1

Microwave Ghost

My 38GK has been winterized since November. Today I was trying to install a new RVLock (another story) when I suddenly heard the microwave running. When I rushed inside I saw the microwave counting down a minute timer sequence on full power. I opened the door and the rotary plate was hot.

I cleared every timer, button, clock, and sensor I could find and went on about my work. A few minutes later it suddenly started the countdown again. This time I unplugged it for five minutes and then powered it back up. A few minutes later same drill, full power countdown from one minute. I left it unplugged for now.

Is this not the wildest thing? Any suggestions? Exorcism?
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #2

That's funny right there.

When first took delivery of ours, we thought we had a ghost. The bed room TV would come on by itself at all hours. Shut it off and it would come on again.

Took several days to figure out the the TV was mounted just a tad too low and the smallest shake would make the power button on the bottom to hit the surround moulding.

Too bad it wasn't a ghost, that would be fun at parties.
ichabod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrussel View Post
My 38GK has been winterized since November. Today I was trying to install a new RVLock (another story) when I suddenly heard the microwave running. When I rushed inside I saw the microwave counting down a minute timer sequence on full power. I opened the door and the rotary plate was hot.

I cleared every timer, button, clock, and sensor I could find and went on about my work. A few minutes later it suddenly started the countdown again. This time I unplugged it for five minutes and then powered it back up. A few minutes later same drill, full power countdown from one minute. I left it unplugged for now.

Is this not the wildest thing? Any suggestions? Exorcism?
Other owners have experienced similar issues. I believe it was a batch manufactured about Mar 2013 that had a defective circuit board. Redwood should replace it under warranty.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote