Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 03:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Also a big thing to consider is most of the mobile techs have their own business and their service and quality of workmanship is far greater than a dealer who pays some kid off the street minimum wage or less and turns them loose on these coaches
I'm starting to see a need for an honest mobile repair guy and a modification guy here and I haven't even been on this forum for a year????
I think maybe it's time for a new business and get on the road full time??

Steve
Old 08-21-2015, 04:41 AM   #22

Scott, it's an rv & you could have paid 10 times as much & still had the same problems. Be sure to submit ALL out of pocket fees to RW, all they can do is say no.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
I'm starting to see a need for an honest mobile repair guy and a modification guy here and I haven't even been on this forum for a year????

Steve
Now that sounds like a plan.
Pack up and come out to CA I have some jobs for you
Old 08-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post

Steve
Steve- If you take your "shop" on the road, we'd be happy to refer people to you! There would be nothing better than having Redwoods prepared by a Redwood owner! (especially such a handy one!)
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyJ25 View Post
I guess it was a big shock for me to spend this much money on something and have it have so many issues in the first week lol.
First, congratulations and welcome to the family!

It's understandable that you're happy and excited to be in your new home-on-the road, and you want everything to be perfect. But even when we bought our S&B home 20 years ago (and spending a whole lot more money), there was a punch list to address the things that needed adjustments or fixing.

When we first got our RW, it seems like every time we went somewhere, we discovered some new issue. One time it was the Dirt Devil not working, which was due to the base unit not being connected to power in the basement. It wasn't as easy a fix as it might sound due to gaining access, but Vaughan was able to take care of it. Fortunately, he, like most you'll meet here, is able to repair most things himself. It's a pain taking any of these big rigs in for service. Living in them full time or having to travel so far only adds to that pain.

Definitely stay active and involved on this forum. The wealth of knowledge and assistance you'll find here is immeasurable. Chances are good that if you encountered a problem, someone else here did also. Also, if you don't have a basic knowledge of RV components, you might want to consider taking an RV maintenance course. Terry Cooper, a fellow Redwoodite, teaches such a course with classes all over the country. Even though Vaughan already had a pretty good working knowledge, he took the course and learned from it. It's not cheap, but will probably save you money and aggravation in the long run.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:56 AM   #26

George has worked on all 5 of our campers (Redwood included); plus his business when he retired was repair and handyman work. The only time we have ever paid someone to work on something is when we are trying to use the warranty.

He has started doing jobs while we are traveling--so far we just put out the sign when he wants to work. It's nice to be able to provide a trustworthy option--with skills.

2014 38RL, 2014 RAM Dually and Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote