Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

LincPad and Touch Panels

I recently purchased the 2016 Carriage 38SB that comes with the LincPad and 3 touch panels inside to control the lights, slides, and levels. I just discovered that the touch panels are apparently "electric" and not 12 volts nor are they connected through the inverter. In other words, boondocking without electric doesn't seem to be an option. Has anyone else had experience with the new technology and wish to share?

Toggle switches are no longer available with the new technology at least for some of the basic functions I expect.

Sure seems that this new technology was not fully thought out.
gford10480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #2

Wow, I don't have it but that doesn't sound right. At the very least if that is how it is, it would be worth a small inverter.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gford10480 View Post
I recently purchased the 2016 Carriage 38SB that comes with the LincPad and 3 touch panels inside to control the lights, slides, and levels. I just discovered that the touch panels are apparently "electric" and not 12 volts nor are they connected through the inverter. In other words, boondocking without electric doesn't seem to be an option. Has anyone else had experience with the new technology and wish to share?

Toggle switches are no longer available with the new technology at least for some of the basic functions I expect.

Sure seems that this new technology was not fully thought out.

I have the panels in my unit and I think they're over rated. They are very low voltage "multiplex" wires in mine that go through the computer somehow. The only one that I like is above the bed that controls the entire coach and alarm system. To be honest, we sometime miss the old fashion switches.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:10 PM   #4

We have the LincPad and touch panels. The panels run off of batteries so they work even when boon docking. We like the panels. Usually we have all the lights out when watching TV at night, then we can turn on the hall light before getting up out of the chair.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry and Nina View Post
We have the LincPad and touch panels. The panels run off of batteries so they work even when boon docking. We like the panels. Usually we have all the lights out when watching TV at night, then we can turn on the hall light before getting up out of the chair.
That sounds better, I figured that would be how they operate.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:57 AM   #6

I'll get back in touch with the dealer to see if they can troubleshoot. I called CrossRoads and of course they probably took the easy answer route instead of actually researching.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:32 PM   #7

Ours work on the batteries. Have you checked the fuses?
There is a fuse marked "Linc Equip" in the main fuse panel.
Also in the basement behind the wall are all the wireless modules. Open the right side door in the wall and check the fuses on each module. Might be a main fuse for each.

Rick
Old 02-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXRAS View Post
Ours work on the batteries. Have you checked the fuses?
There is a fuse marked "Linc Equip" in the main fuse panel.
Also in the basement behind the wall are all the wireless modules. Open the right side door in the wall and check the fuses on each module. Might be a main fuse for each.

Rick
I did check the fuses and also called CrossRoads again. They did confirm that they should work off of the DC batteries and suggested that maybe my batteries are too weak. It's at the dealers now, so I'll suggest that to them.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #9

BTW, are you aware that there is an app for android and apple now for the LincPad functions?

https://www.lci1.com/onecontrol
Old 02-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #10

That is pretty awesome.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gford10480 View Post
BTW, are you aware that there is an app for android and apple now for the LincPad functions?

https://www.lci1.com/onecontrol
Thanks, Have been waiting for an app so I could use my phone.
But it only has the lights, awnings and slides on it. No jacks or tank monitor. No settings to make changes, maybe next update.
But I will take it, was just sitting outside and put the awning in.

Rick
Old 02-20-2016, 09:17 PM   #12

Has anyone seen or heard of a software update to the Linc pad system? Seems hard to believe any kind computer system not needing every six months or so!

Fred