Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #1

Light switch location?

I just bought a used Redwood 3901MB and I can’t locate the light switch for the overhead island light fixture. Can anyone tell me where it’s located?
Csward56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #2

Mine is on the In Command control panel. It comes on with the bottom Interior Lights button, and I use my phone to turn it off in the evening. Pretty sure it is Kitchen Pendant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:08 AM   #3

If you just have the old standby wall switches, it should be the third switch of the four switches on the wall by the stairs to the bedroom. At least that's where ours is.
First switch is the four overhead kitchen lites, the second is the two overhead lites in the livingroom, third the the lite over the island, and the fourth is the overhead lites in the bedroom.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:33 AM   #4

That’s exactly where it is. I just looked.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:35 AM   #5

It is on the control panel. Another question. If you shutdown the control panel how do you power it back on. I pressed the power button & it didn’t turn back on.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:51 AM   #6

Pretty sure you press and hold the power button until it starts up. I never turn mine off, it will go to sleep if you leave it after a few seconds. If you are not plugged into a,pedestal and turn off the battery disconnect in the front compartment under the pin box for a minute, it will power back up automatically when power is restored. I have a 2018 3901 MB also. Feel free to DM me if I can help.

Here is a link to the manual for the Pro Plus.

http://www.asaelectronics.com/media/...s%20manual.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-09-2018, 04:58 AM   #7

Sure glad we've got the "old fashioned low tech" light switches!!!
At the 2013 rally they debuted that In Command system & I'm surprised that they went ahead with them as the impression I got from the tour was the majority did not like it.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #8

Well I admit to being a techie. But I love the In Command system. It is very customizable, I come in and hit one button and all the main living area LED lights come on. Everything else is at my finger tips. I run slides in and out from the phone while I am outside. That’s handy in a site with trees where clearance is an issue. It is also handy when it has rained and wet leaves cling to the slide covers, you can run them in a bit and clear leaves as you come in. And when I sit down to watch tv in the evening and forgot to turn a light off, the app is right there.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcountrybarry View Post
Well I admit to being a techie. But I love the In Command system. It is very customizable, I come in and hit one button and all the main living area LED lights come on. Everything else is at my finger tips. I run slides in and out from the phone while I am outside. That’s handy in a site with trees where clearance is an issue. It is also handy when it has rained and wet leaves cling to the slide covers, you can run them in a bit and clear leaves as you come in. And when I sit down to watch tv in the evening and forgot to turn a light off, the app is right there.

I agree with this. Very nice to be able to use my phone to run the house.

Rick
Old 08-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #10

I'm just getting used to the in command system. But, I really like being able to be outside and adjust the awning and lights. We"dry camp" occasionally, we think we need to turn off the panel at night to conserve batteries. But we are only working on 2 6V batteries with one roof mounted solar panel. When I get back home I'm adding 4 more batteries and another panel, we run our satellite, fridge and chairs off an inverter, so we likely draw more than most over the night.
Bigrisky is offline   Reply With Quote