Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #1

Level up problems

I was exercising slides and level up system when I experienced two problems. I will cover the other problem in a separate thread. I cannot get my four stabilizing Jacks to retract. I had extended the front Jacks slightly to allow water to run off the slide toppers. I thought I would just auto level the unit but instead of going back to a lower setting it raised the whole coach higher. One of the rear Jacks ran out of stroke. I thought no problem i will just raise the rear stabilizer Jacks and start over. No way, not when they will not retract. Any ideas? Wife is going to need a booster step to hit the first step on the coach!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1817 View Post
I was exercising slides and level up system when I experienced two problems. I will cover the other problem in a separate thread. I cannot get my four stabilizing Jacks to retract. I had extended the front Jacks slightly to allow water to run off the slide toppers. I thought I would just auto level the unit but instead of going back to a lower setting it raised the whole coach higher. One of the rear Jacks ran out of stroke. I thought no problem i will just raise the rear stabilizer Jacks and start over. No way, not when they will not retract. Any ideas? Wife is going to need a booster step to hit the first step on the coach!

I have not experienced your problem of the jacks not wanting to retract. I have dumped water off the toppers many times over the past 4 plus years. I always start by retracting the rear 4 jacks and then raise the front end to nearly max jack extension and then re-level the coach.

I recommend you check the connectors to your Level-Up control to make sure they have not vibrated partially off and while you are doing that check the connectors to make sure the individual wires are fully seated at the terminals. You may also want to follow the cables from the control to sensor module to ensure that the connectors are fully seated there. Shortly after we first purchased our 2012 36Rl, I had a issue with one of the connectors at the control......it lost its 12 VDC connection and the control would not power up.

I believe there is a reset feature for the control also that you may want to research and try.

Hope this helps.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #3

My neighbor here in Arizona just had the same issue, after trying everything, I suggested just unplugging the control panel for a couple seconds then reconnect, they worked just after that, might give it a try. Lately after unhitching we've been lowering the front before using auto level, seems it always wants to raise the entire coach to get to level.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote