Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #1

Leak

I have a 2016 MB39 Redwood. I have a leak that developed on the side of the bed that started growing orange mold on the carpet. I removed the paneling along the side of the slide to try to find it. i ran water all around the roof and slide d-moldiing and could not make it leak. I then removed the plywood from the bed frame and found that the water is farther under the carpet then i thought. I now suspect the window may be leaking but do not how to fix it. Has anyone had to deal with window leaks? If so how do you seal it up?

Thank You
Lew Bacchieri
Lew Bacchieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:09 AM   #2

Not my expertise but pictures would do a world of good. Pics of the wet area and the window.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:02 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Bacchieri View Post
I have a 2016 MB39 Redwood. I have a leak that developed on the side of the bed that started growing orange mold on the carpet. I removed the paneling along the side of the slide to try to find it. i ran water all around the roof and slide d-moldiing and could not make it leak. I then removed the plywood from the bed frame and found that the water is farther under the carpet then i thought. I now suspect the window may be leaking but do not how to fix it. Has anyone had to deal with window leaks? If so how do you seal it up?

Thank You
Lew Bacchieri

I don't know that this applies to your 39MB, but, there have been reported issues of a flexible drain line under the bed leaking in some models. The flexible drain line is for the washer drain.

Although I don't have a washer, I found the flexible drain line issue in my 2011 36RL when I was doing some work in upgrading the bed frame and support. On my unit the flexible tubing was not connected properly to the solid drain tubing.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:25 AM   #4

Guy,

In an MB the washer drain does not get to the bedroom slide. Since the washer is in the front between the closet and shower. The drain is 1.5 inch hard pipe that goes under the shower and then down to the tank.

Lew,

We have a 15 MB and both sides of the bedroom slide leaked every time it rained. No change after the seals were replaced at a dealer. The service center had to remove the slide and completely rebuild the opening and I don't know what else. New seals again. In a driving rain hitting the slide it will still leak a small amount. But nothing like before the service center worked on it. We watch it now when it rains but I think only once had to put a towel down on 1 side.

Rick
Old 12-10-2017, 02:35 AM   #5

I just replaced the entire roof on are bedroom slide. Water was getting under the 2" tape that sealed the top flange to the rubber. It travelled about 5' forward before getting in the ceiling and down the wall.

Mark
Old 12-10-2017, 05:05 AM   #6

I have a 2016 39mb and I found that the leak in the bedroom slide was from the slide cables. I fixed the problem by applying grease to the slide wires , apply the grease to the wire covering at least 2 inches of the cable at the rubber seal. the leak is from the water running down the cable and dripping on the floor. I live in the west and it rains every day and I now have no problem with any leaks. hope this will help.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
I have a 2016 39mb and I found that the leak in the bedroom slide was from the slide cables. I fixed the problem by applying grease to the slide wires , apply the grease to the wire covering at least 2 inches of the cable at the rubber seal. the leak is from the water running down the cable and dripping on the floor. I live in the west and it rains every day and I now have no problem with any leaks. hope this will help.
This is a great tip! I have had a small amount of water in the forward basement compartment when it rains. This is only on the street side. I have changed a couple of things on the plumbing side of things in the convienience center. If that does not cure it I will try this fix.

My Redwood is just an expensive camper for me with limited summer use. It has the luxury of staying in a heated hangar when not in use so it will be next spring and will have to rain while out. I was thinking of the truck wash and it does not leak there so this cable issue s a distinct possibility.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:42 AM   #8

my rig did not leak @ the RW shop or the keystone plant in Oregon. But the day I got it back it did. so I used the grease and problem solved. Keystone did repair my rig inside by removing the floor (tiles and wooden flooring and the wall and replaced all with new construction). they went as far as to add slide toppers to all my slide free of charge. RW. and Keystone had their drivers come to my place and take it to their factories. They both have stood behind the product and have done the job I expected from them so I have thumbs up for them. I also think that the type of service you get from them depends on the person that you get on the phone just my .02
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #9

Leak

Thank y'all for your suggestions. I will grease he cables but I don't think that is the problem. The water is showing on the raised area along the side of the headboard. I have used a hose on the d-molding and top of the slide to try to find the leak but nothing shown up. I am waiting for the floor to dry and will try the window. Such is the life of a RV owner. If I find it I will post again for info purposes.

Thank You.
Lew Bacchieri
Lew Bacchieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #10

Could it be condensation? It is that time of year... cold outside, warm inside. I’m not sure how to determine for sure that condensation is the culprit but if you tried the water hose and can’t find the leak...

2017 Ram Longhorn 3500 Cummings/Aisin DRW LB CC and a cute little aftermarket fuel cap
MuddFlap is offline   Reply With Quote