Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2017, 10:11 PM   #1

Labor Day Weekend 2017

Hi Everyone,
Hope all are having a great weekend, wishing everyone a safe and fun filled weekend enjoy life, may God bless you all and grant you safe traveling mercies.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Same to you guys
Thank so much
Old 09-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #3

Having an absolutely awesome time in Land Between the Lakes. Weather has been picture perfect.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #4

We're still here in the Service Center parking lot. Came to pickup our unit on Friday and while checking the repairs I noticed some scrubed rubber on a front jack pad. Stood back and took a look and sure enough while moving our RW they dragged the front jacks and put a slight bend in each. Hopeing for new jacks in the AM so we can head home.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #5

We were in DE at the Seashore State Park Campground, North side.. Had a great time, now home
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #6

We are in our land home RW is in for some repairs. Hopefully all will be done so we can head to Colorado on the 11th. Safe travels to you all and Happy Labor Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #7

We just returned home on Saturday, after two months on the road.....to the rally, seeing some family in the midwest, and two weeks in Houston TX. We got out of there exactly 36 hours before the rain started and headed north and then west to KS, CO, IT, NV, CA and back home. Put 9700 miles on the odometer, ready to quit driving for a bit.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Same to you guys
Thank so much
You're welcome.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Having an absolutely awesome time in Land Between the Lakes. Weather has been picture perfect.
Hasn't been bad here in Fla, got in a little bit of golf, just watching Irma, will start checking the RW & TW tomorrow making sure all is good in case we have to boogie.
Like you having an awesome time.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
We're still here in the Service Center parking lot. Came to pickup our unit on Friday and while checking the repairs I noticed some scrubed rubber on a front jack pad. Stood back and took a look and sure enough while moving our RW they dragged the front jacks and put a slight bend in each. Hopeing for new jacks in the AM so we can head home.
Wow, glad you caught that, your experience at full timing sure has served you well, I have always enjoyed your posts, hope you get your jacks replaced.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
We were in DE at the Seashore State Park Campground, North side.. Had a great time, now home
Joe, hope you got some good seafood while there, Chesapeake bay oysters, yummm.
Glad you got home safe.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnjess View Post
We are in our land home RW is in for some repairs. Hopefully all will be done so we can head to Colorado on the 11th. Safe travels to you all and Happy Labor Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back at ya.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
We just returned home on Saturday, after two months on the road.....to the rally, seeing some family in the midwest, and two weeks in Houston TX. We got out of there exactly 36 hours before the rain started and headed north and then west to KS, CO, IT, NV, CA and back home. Put 9700 miles on the odometer, ready to quit driving for a bit.
Well you did do some traveling, hope you are not bothered by those fires, stay safe.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #14

The BIG problem now with the Service Center is that ALL of their parts have been moved over to Keystone in Goshen. So now when they need a part they have to place a rec to have it put on the next mornings truck. Think I let Randy know early enough Friday so that he was able to get Jacks put on the next truck, so hopefull they'll be here in the AM and we can get out of here. Of course staying here in their parking lot is cheap, and we have 50 amp power, water, and no noisey neighbors.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:38 AM   #15

Quote:
We were leaving Houston, Missouri City, at the same time (thank goodness). Headed to the huge metropolis of Dumas Texas to see our new great granddaughter, just saying that makes me feel old, but boy is she a cutie.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:40 AM   #16

Quote:
We were leaving Houston, Missouri City, at the same time (thank goodness). Headed to the huge metropolis of Dumas Texas (north of Amarillo) to see our new great granddaughter, just saying that makes me feel old, but boy is she a cutie.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
Hasn't been bad here in Fla, got in a little bit of golf, just watching Irma, will start checking the RW & TW tomorrow making sure all is good in case we have to boogie.
Like you having an awesome time.

Where in Florida if I may ask?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
Joe, hope you got some good seafood while there, Chesapeake bay oysters, yummm.
Glad you got home safe.
Thanks Jeff, the seafood was good ! We rented a boat and took the hand lines ... caught a bunch of nice Blue Claw crabs for dinner..! ! !

I HOPE You and Karen are packed and ready to get out of Florida tonight or tomorrow ! ! ! This thing is HUGE ! ! !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcountrybarry View Post
Where in Florida if I may ask?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We are at The Great Outdoors in Titusville Fl.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Thanks Jeff, the seafood was good ! We rented a boat and took the hand lines ... caught a bunch of nice Blue Claw crabs for dinner..! ! !

I HOPE You and Karen are packed and ready to get out of Florida tonight or tomorrow ! ! ! This thing is HUGE ! ! !

Joe, spent all day closing the slides, cleaning the tops of them, treated the gaskets inside and out, cleaned and sprayed with T9 all mechanisms for slides and jacks was concerned with sitting so long might have a problem, but they worked fine, exercised them a couple of times, greased my trail air hitch, so tomorrow the plan is to lube up the fifth wheel, hook up to RW and raise all jacks just to make sure they are operational, then go over to my son if he gets off early and help him put all his storm shutters on.
After that I will see what the weather people say about Irma and if still not good news will hopefully leave Thursday at the latest Friday.
Don't like hurricanes.