Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 02:35 PM   #1

IS System install.

Good Morning,
Just had the IS system installed at MORryde, along with Timken bearings, they also upgraded my brake calipers. Stayed an extra night in Elkhart to drive around, went to Topeka to Redwood facility for tour, trailer rode well, was impressed with smoothness of ride, as some of local roads and railroad tracks were to say the least bumpy, Rv pulled nicely, and straight running gain at 5, and stopping very well.
Left yesterday and drove to Indy, about 150 + miles, kitty stayed in trailer for first time, did not spill a drop of his water from bowl, though not filled all the way to top, was impressed with that, also greeted with sleepy eyes when opened door, so I think he enjoyed the ride also.
I would like to extend my thanks to everyone for their feedback, while we were questioning ourselves on having installation done.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:44 PM   #2

Would you by chance have pictures of your install and be willing to post. We have the same model and Im looking to upgrade ours. Thanks. Glad that it all went well.
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

Great to hear your happy with the results so far... My wife and I have been discussing me adding the Joy Rider to try and help with the ride. Just last night she said maybe we should forget the shock kit and get the IS on this one also.. She LOVED the ride of out prior rig with it..
So the ball is rolling ,we shall see...

If so , I may have some slightly used ( 500 miles) sre4000 and hd shackles and wet bolts and joyriders to get rid of,..

If all goes well that is..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:37 PM   #4

Will be glad to post pictures of install, have to figure out how to do so.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:59 PM   #5

Joe, it was well worth it, now I will have to look for something to get the F350 to catch up.
I am running the Firestone Ride rite air bag system, with Trail air hitch and Pull Rite super glide fifth wheel.
Still get some chucking but can adjust at front of slider and will remove for awhile, but returns, always has and still get some bounce on certain bridges, other than that the trailer is really pulling great and riding beautifully especially over those bridges that give me some bounce in truck, don't feel a thing when she crosses.
That said for no more than traveled since installed.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:16 PM   #6

Jeff & Karen,

I had the Pull rite in my last truck. Removing the head and tightening the front bolt against the cam helped for a while but it seamed to loosen a bit and reintroduced the chucking. I think it's inherit with the pull rite hitch.

Once I went with a long bed and got at B&W hitch, the chucking has gone away. Not that will help....but just FYI.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #7
Site Team

Jeff ~ you'll love the IS the more you have it. I've now got in excess of 10k miles on mine and the ride improves even more with time. One of the neat features of it is that there is some pre-load adjustment for the springs. When we were back last summer for maintenance just before the Rally, Sergio weighed the rig and looked at me and said "the girl, she's a gotten a little heavier" we all laughed and I asked him if he could do anything and he just smiled.

I had a shortbed and a pullrite at first and have to agree with Ken ~ unfortunately the only really good solution I'm aware of is a Dually and a different hitch ....... Sorry.

I'm about to put a rubber cushioned rear spring shackle setup on the Dually that is supposed to take out almost all of the unloaded "hop over bumps and jar you to death". Will let everyone know how well it works and worth it or not. Reviews are really good and its available for all 3 makes and single and dual wheels.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Jeff ~ you'll love the IS the more you have it. I've now got in excess of 10k miles on mine and the ride improves even more with time. One of the neat features of it is that there is some pre-load adjustment for the springs. When we were back last summer for maintenance just before the Rally, Sergio weighed the rig and looked at me and said "the girl, she's a gotten a little heavier" we all laughed and I asked him if he could do anything and he just smiled.

I had a shortbed and a pullrite at first and have to agree with Ken ~ unfortunately the only really good solution I'm aware of is a Dually and a different hitch ....... Sorry.

I'm about to put a rubber cushioned rear spring shackle setup on the Dually that is supposed to take out almost all of the unloaded "hop over bumps and jar you to death". Will let everyone know how well it works and worth it or not. Reviews are really good and its available for all 3 makes and single and dual wheels.
What is the name of that system Vaughan ?
Old 04-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #9
Site Team

This is what I'm putting on. Watch the video, think it will be worth it. Almost all the reviews are really good.

Sulastic. Leaf Spring Shackle
Old 04-01-2016, 07:30 PM   #10

Quote:
This is what I'm putting on. Watch the video, think it will be worth it. Almost all the reviews are really good.

Sulastic. Leaf Spring Shackle

Looks interesting . . Are you doing the install yourself ? or having someone do it for you>?
Old 04-01-2016, 08:11 PM   #11
Site Team

Good friend has bodyshop and truck repair. he's putting it in, says should only take about an hour or so.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #12

Have you looked at the Mor/ryde system that's very similar?? I asked one of the times we were there, and was told it helped when unloaded, but wouldn't do much when loaded heavy, as with the RW behind.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:31 PM   #13
Site Team

Michelle ~ I did look at the MorRyde setup. Almost 2.2 times the cost and a lot more trouble to put in as exhaust has to be modified. The Sulastic shackle is for unloaded ride quality. When loaded, the shackle compresses and becomes a solid link.

For the hour or so to change and the ability to go right back to stock and return them if it doesn't work, I'm going to give them a shot.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:41 PM   #14

Vaughn, keep us posted on the verdict. I've got a couple ideas on the unloaded ride also, but I'll wait to share when I decide
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:16 AM   #15

Thanks Ken, already have a long bed, may yet consider that.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:31 AM   #16

Vaughan, video looks very interesting, should work along with my air bag.
Please advise when you install how it rides, will wait to hear, and Gary told me the more miles on the IS the better it rides.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Good friend has bodyshop and truck repair. he's putting it in, says should only take about an hour or so.
It's a good thing I take a look at the forum every now and again so I know what you're doing to the truck/rig, honey.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
It's a good thing I take a look at the forum every now and again so I know what you're doing to the truck/rig, honey.
I don't tell my wife the forum address just for THAT reason !!!

It's a good thing she hates forums, and won't go on anyway...
Old 04-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
Tracy, it's only money & it keeps him off the streets!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #20

And off the golf course!
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote