Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #1

Ice Maker Acting Up

Hello all, just got my RV back from the dealer for its yearly warranty check up and I had them fix a fitting for the water to the ice maker. Because 2 winters ago while I was on christmas break I the furnace quit working while I was gone and froze up the whole unit but that is a different story.

Anyways they fixed the brass fitting and I got back to where I park the camper for the year,got everything hooked up. Well where the water goes into the tray to shape the ice cubes it was WAY over filled with water and was just a big ice block. So I thawed it out so I could get rid of the giant ice block.

Moving ahead I believed the problem was solved, nope.... There seemed to be a leak in the ice maker because I checked on things after about 5-10 minutes and there was about 1-2 inches of water in the bottom of the freezer.

So my question is....the hell isnt working? Is there a float in there or something that tells it to stop supplying water to the ice maker that is broke? Do I need a new ice maker all together or is there a simple fix?

Thanks for you time everyone!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
Hello all, just got my RV back from the dealer for its yearly warranty check up and I had them fix a fitting for the water to the ice maker. Because 2 winters ago while I was on christmas break I the furnace quit working while I was gone and froze up the whole unit but that is a different story.

Anyways they fixed the brass fitting and I got back to where I park the camper for the year,got everything hooked up. Well where the water goes into the tray to shape the ice cubes it was WAY over filled with water and was just a big ice block. So I thawed it out so I could get rid of the giant ice block.

Moving ahead I believed the problem was solved, nope.... There seemed to be a leak in the ice maker because I checked on things after about 5-10 minutes and there was about 1-2 inches of water in the bottom of the freezer.

So my question is....the hell isnt working? Is there a float in there or something that tells it to stop supplying water to the ice maker that is broke? Do I need a new ice maker all together or is there a simple fix?

Thanks for you time everyone!
have you checked water pressure and do you use a regulator.
I assume being a 2014 you have a residential fridge. There is a float type system that limits the amount of water that flows into the ice maker. It could be faulty or the pressure where it is hooked up blew something out
Old 05-03-2015, 09:16 PM   #3

i dont use a regulator but the water pressure where I am at is sub par to be honest and when I first started using it there was no regulator on it and it worked fine of course. Is the float system in the ice maker unit inside the freezer or in the door on the outside of the camper. I couldnt find any information about it.