Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2020, 05:53 PM   #1

I bought a used '13 RW36FL and can't figure out what 3 light switches are for

In the bathroom, there are 3 switches. The first is the overhead lights, then the 2nd and the 3rd turns on the outdoor light over the door. I can't figure out what the middle switch is for. In the living room are 4 switches. The first turns on the overhead lights in the kitchen. The 2nd turns on the overhead lights in the living room, then the 3rd switch and the 4th one turns on the outside light over the door. I can't figure out what the 3rd switch is for. Finally, in the nose on the wall behind the couch, there is a switch that says off/on with a red light directly under the switch. I can't figure out what that one is for. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. I really love this 5th wheel but need help with the switches. Many thanks in advance.
JaxRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:34 AM   #2

On mine, completely different model though, one switch will turn on the white light over the door, along with a "scare light" closer to the front. Another switch will turn on the amber light above the door. Both color bulbs are in one fixture. If both lights are on at the same time, the amber isn't noticable.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
On mine, completely different model though, one switch will turn on the white light over the door, along with a "scare light" closer to the front. Another switch will turn on the amber light above the door. Both color bulbs are in one fixture. If both lights are on at the same time, the amber isn't noticable.
Thanks. I thought it might be something like that a while back so I waited till dark to hit the switches and see if anything came on. Nothing did. It's a headscratcher.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:41 AM   #4

The FL models had two entry doors with lights over both of them and no "Scare Light".
The Lights over the door had two bulbs in them a Bright White one and a smaller Amber Bulb.
Our FL also has a Amber Light behind the steps that comes on with the Amber light over the door.
Our FL has 3 Switches in the Bathroom, one is the Bathroom light, the other two are the two outside different color light bulbs over the door.
Maybe the Amber bulbs are burned out, our factory installed incandescent (filament) bulbs in the fixtures over the door did not last very long and I replaced both bulbs in both over the door lights with LEDs, no problems with them since.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
The FL models had two entry doors with lights over both of them and no "Scare Light".
The Lights over the door had two bulbs in them a Bright White one and a smaller Amber Bulb.
Our FL also has a Amber Light behind the steps that comes on with the Amber light over the door.
Our FL has 3 Switches in the Bathroom, one is the Bathroom light, the other two are the two outside different color light bulbs over the door.
Maybe the Amber bulbs are burned out, our factory installed incandescent (filament) bulbs in the fixtures over the door did not last very long and I replaced both bulbs in both over the door lights with LEDs, no problems with them since.
Mystery solved then. The amber lights over each door work, it's the white lights that don't. So, I'll go get some white lights and fix that. Now, what is the switch for behind the couch that says "on/off" and has a red light directly under the switch? The light doesn't come on no matter if the switch is off or on. the only thing I can think of is it's for a generator which I don't have. Could that be it?
Old 02-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #6

If you have a generator, the switch must be held in until it starts. If you push on the switch, does it go in and when you let it go, does it come out part way, and then you have to turn it off. If it works like this, maybe that is what it is for, but the genny switch should be in the inside control panel near the tank level lights.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott & Vicky View Post
If you have a generator, the switch must be held in until it starts. If you push on the switch, does it go in and when you let it go, does it come out part way, and then you have to turn it off. If it works like this, maybe that is what it is for, but the genny switch should be in the inside control panel near the tank level lights.
I don't have a generator and after checking the switch, it's on or off and has to be manually moved. I double checked the control panel with the tank level lights and there is nothing there other than hot water (electric/gas), water pump and slideouts. It has to be for the generator.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:25 PM   #8

We have a 2013 36FL and on ours one switch is to enable the fan in the bathroom. The fan operates using a remote but the remote won't work if the switch is not turned on. Hope this helps.
GRANPA58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #9

Not for a generator if you can't start it there. Did you turn it onand check your hitch lights?
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:20 AM   #10

The extra switches are for the lights under each door outside. I’m not sure about the switch behind the couch. I will have to look at ours and get back to you. Not being nosy, but how much did you pay for your unit. We are thinking of selling ours and have no idea where to start with a price. Thank you and enjoy..��
nharndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott & Vicky View Post
Not for a generator if you can't start it there. Did you turn it onand check your hitch lights?
I waited until it got dark and turned the switch on. There were no visible lights on on the outside of the 5th wheel so I don't know.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharndon View Post
The extra switches are for the lights under each door outside. I’m not sure about the switch behind the couch. I will have to look at ours and get back to you. Not being nosy, but how much did you pay for your unit. We are thinking of selling ours and have no idea where to start with a price. Thank you and enjoy..��
I waited till dark to turn the switches on thinking it was for an outdoor light but nothing went on. The 4th switch turns on both the overhead outdoor light AND the stair light.

This high retail for this one is $57k and low retail is $52k. I looked for them online and they were going for anywhere between $54k and $74k. That said, I paid $35k for this one and all it needed fixed were some minor maintenance problems (now solved). I asked the guy why he was selling so cheap and he said if he had asked what it was worth, it may have taken a while to sell. Instead, he sold cheap and moved it (I bought it) in 5 days. He and his wife wanted a Class A. In other words, I got a helluva deal.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #13

I do not know where you are getting your values from. NADA, if full body paint, is Low Retail 33,910 and Average Retail $40,865. There is not much to add as they are typically fully loaded and they will not give credit for G rated tires, disc brakes, etc.
From my dealings with dealers in the south this is what they use for values. If trading in they would give you the 33 figure. So you got a good deal. People can ask whatever they want online but it does not mean they will get it!. That is why the guy stated what he did as he was pricing it to move it, which he did. You could have bought a brand new one in 2013 for $74,000.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote