Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #1

How to Remove Surface Scratch

Just a quick question we have a her 38rl and got a small surface scratch high up on the bedroom slid while driving past some trees that were a little too close. It is not a deep scratch and I am sure it can be buffed out I was just wondering what product would be the best to rub out the scratch with I have used rubbing compound on cars in the past however I don't want to mess up the finish on our rig. Has anyone ever had this problem and how did you deal with it.

Thanks
Victor

PS this board has been great so full of helpful people.
Marketing Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Our coaches are painted with automotive 2 part paints (mine is Sikkens, not sure if that's the paint on everyones)
Any product or process you would use on a late model car should be fine. I would use fine rubbing compound and a buffer and have at it. Just be careful you don't burn through the clear coat.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:46 AM   #3
Site Team

I've buffed mine several times......the trees seem to like it. Any scratch remover safe on clear coat will work.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:01 AM   #4
Site Team

I have had trees that like to scratch mine also. As others have said, the base/clear on these coaches can be buffed out the same as automotive paint. I actually have sanded mine with 2000 grit in a couple of places. Polishing compound and a buffer is what I use. You do have to be careful not to burn thru the clear. Go slow.

Tags
scratch