Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #1

How to "energize the inwall slideout switch"

We started hearing a continuous peeping noise every 15 seconds or so and traced it to the basement - it's the Lippert Component InWall Slideout switch.

We have *no* problem w/ any of the slides though the batteries were a little low after a couple weeks in storage. Running the generator allowed us to pickup the jacks, haul it to an RV park and then setup w/o issue.

But the peeping continues and the short document I found says the following: "When an error code is present, the board needs to be re-set. Energizing the extend/retract switch resets the board. Energize the extend/retract switch again for normal operation."

Any idea what "energize" means? Is it just to disconnect and then reconnect the power to the device?

2014 36FB, 2012 F350 DRW,
Onan, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Satellite Internet, Comfort Ride Hitch
Current location: Ozarks, MO
Marilyn H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #2

To me, I would interpret that to mean "push the switch" and activate your slides. I would definitely try that. Is it coming from the Bedroom slide (Shwintek) or the other slides?
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #3

I think it's related to the two main slides - it's located on the driver side in the basement. I pushed the switch and pressed it 7 times and saw the red and green lights flash a bunch. We tried extending the slides and it worked fine. But the peeping still persists.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #4

That is your bedroom slide I can't tember the sequence to it but it's in the manual from redwood something to do with pushing the buttons till lights flash and running around to inside side coach and retract bedslide and then push again to bring slide back in. But has to be done before or while flashing lights still on
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #5

No that should be related to the Shwintek slide system on your bedroom, not the lower hydraulic ones.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #6

Ok - I'll get my running shoes on and try when we are loading more things. We're still in the house. I'll report back if that does the trick.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #7

Ok - thanks - sounds like I'm on the right track w/ the bedroom slide.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #8

If your battery is not charged it can cause al sorts of weird things. Are you sure your battery is charged? Are you sure the beeping is not coming from the propane leak detector. I would make sure my battery is fully charged. Partially charged may allow everything to work but you can get an error code if the battery is not fully charged. 12.6 volts or higher would indicate a full charge.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #9

Winner winner chicken dinner???
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
If your battery is not charged it can cause al sorts of weird things. Are you sure your battery is charged? Are you sure the beeping is not coming from the propane leak detector. I would make sure my battery is fully charged. Partially charged may allow everything to work but you can get an error code if the battery is not fully charged. 12.6 volts or higher would indicate a full charge.
I think the batteries are *not* fully charged. We had a problem getting the jacks to work when we were picking it up out of storage. We ran the generator to power everything and were able to move.

I thought having the unit on a 50Amp site would charge the batteries. Is that not the case? We've been on 50Amp for 3 days now. We're so busy getting everything sold, stored, packed and ready that we just haven't had a lot of time to figure out everything about the RV. so much to do - so little time...

Old 08-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #11

So that didn't work
Old 08-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #12

You need to make sure you have the battery cutoff switch turned to on. If it is in the on position the 50 amp hookup should charge your battery unless the battery is dead! If the battery switch has been in the on position then you need to turn it to the off position and check the voltage in the battery. If you do not have a voltage meter than you could disconnect the battery and take it to an auto parts store where they will usually check your battery for free.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:24 AM   #13

Ah - good catch Rick!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
You need to make sure you have the battery cutoff switch turned to on. If it is in the on position the 50 amp hookup should charge your battery unless the battery is dead! If the battery switch has been in the on position then you need to turn it to the off position and check the voltage in the battery. If you do not have a voltage meter than you could disconnect the battery and take it to an auto parts store where they will usually check your battery for free.
Thanks! I'll be at the RV later today and see what I can determine after picking up a voltage meter somewhere.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #15

The absolute worst thing you can do to any electric slide, especially the Schwintek Slide is operate it on low voltage, the electric motors will overheat, get damaged pretty quickly. Operating them on low voltage will shorten the life of the motors too.

If you are operating them on battery power on a regular basis, make sure you have two batteries and the batteries are fully charged before operating the slides.

Running the Hydraulic Pump motor for the landing gear or slides on low voltage will also overheat the motor and solenoids and shorten the life or damage them.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #16

I guess I'm more accepting of the schwintek than most as I've had it on the last two 5er's and my sister has it on her class a...

neither of us have had a problem with it other than one adjustment when I first got my previous SOB...

It was a mfg fault in the the mfg cut the slideout hole 3/8th's of an inch too small and made it drag on one side... after trimming it worked flawlessly...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #17

We have always had good service from our Schwintek Slides on our current RW and on our previous SOB 5th Wheel.

The only problem on our previous 5th Wheel with the Schwintek Slides was the manufacturer installed the Schwintek Slide system on a large and long Kitchen / Entertainment Center Slide which had the Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave, TV, Fireplace and such in the large slide.
If we did not have full power or were not level before operating the large slide, it would stall out pretty easily.
I think the weight of the large / heavy slide was pushing the limits of the Schwintek Slide system.
The Schwintek Slide system seems to work pretty good on smaller light weight slides but on larger slides with Washer / Dryers, Refrigerators and such heavy items they seem to struggle and give more problems.

Our smaller bedroom Schwintek Slide on our previous SOB 5th Wheel worked flawlessly always (it only had the King Bed in the slide, no cabinets, no W/D).

Since we Fulltime and move every few weeks year round, when we were looking at our current RW FL38 I looked real hard at the slide systems, we have the Schwintek Slides on the 2 Front Living area slides which only have a sofa in each slide, the other 3 Slides, (Kitchen Slide, King Bed Slide and Wardrobe Slide are Hydraulic operated.
So far the RW slide arrangement has worked flawlessly, (we have only had our RW about 45 days and moved / setup 4 times)

I think / hope the RW arrangement with a combination of Hydraulic and Electric Schwintek Slides will give us years of trouble free service.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #18
Site Team

I would recommend everyone carrying a battery charger with them just in case.

I was at a state park with 50 amp service but low voltage about a year ago. We had enough power to work almost everything but we found our batteries weren't being charged. I ran a long 12 gauge extension cord to another plug and then hooked up the charger to the batteries. This fixed the problem. I haven't needed the battery charger since but I carry it just in case.

Also check the battery boxes to make sure you have both batteries. Some of the dealers were only putting one battery in the Redwoods even though you have 2 boxes.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:48 AM   #19

Ok - I purchased a charger/meter today and tested both batteries - each had measured 13.1 and 100% charged. I pushed the button 6 times and on the 7th time held it until the disco dance lights and brought the bedroom in and out to *no* avail. The lights flashed continuously - too many to count. Beeping still continues.

This is the pic of the device, just to confirm we're all talking the correct thing. Don't understand why it was placed in the corner rotated left, it was impossible to read. Had to take a picture and view on monitor to read it.

Image should display below but it's not. Not sure how to get image to display... I provided link to my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xmx41ucl2...50dFRK3Hr-vWTa and it's wrapped w/ [IMG]...[/IMG]

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Both including a picture and getting the beeping to end....

Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 AM   #20

Ya that is for the bedroom Schwintek. It synchronizes the two motors among other things. Are the lights flashing in an code that can be read on the chart on the face of the box?

Tags
inwall slideout, lippert component