Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 01:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Hell John, you're replacing yours one piece at a time
Funny, that's what I was thinking.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:15 AM   #22

On the MorRide IS issue, I raised this issue with the Redwood Rep Dan while at the California RV show last month. He said they are working on the possibility to include as an option. Those of us who are future buyers need to keep the pressure on them. Montana and DRV offer the IS....no reason Redwood can't.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:26 AM   #23
Site Team

At the 2012 Rally several of us were suggesting that they offer packages for different type of RV use. For example, there should be a dry camper package with solar system and battery bank. A travelers package that would be for those that spend a lot of time traveling and it would have the IS suspension, disk brakes and better tires. And of course the satellite package as well.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #24

I'd go with the 39MB now if they would make it a 40MB and add the space back for the pantry! I really love the floor plan and 1/2 bath.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #25

Suspension is a big deal too since that is what we've been dealing with on our RW.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
Suspension is a big deal too since that is what we've been dealing with on our RW.

I like the new profile picture
Old 11-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #27
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
At the 2012 Rally several of us were suggesting that they offer packages for different type of RV use. For example, there should be a dry camper package with solar system and battery bank. A travelers package that would be for those that spend a lot of time traveling and it would have the IS suspension, disk brakes and better tires. And of course the satellite package as well.
I love this idea. We would have definitely ordered solar, for sure. They need to have an extreme cold package too that maybe allows ELECTRIC heat to be circulated in the basement.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
I love this idea. We would have definitely ordered solar, for sure. They need to have an extreme cold package too that maybe allows ELECTRIC heat to be circulated in the basement.
I like the electric heated basement idea, just for circulation, on off switch kinda thing. Was mentioned earlier with fan blowing into step register. This is going to be a project that I have decided to take on over thanksgiving.
Six year old aussie shepard (Remy)
Semi retired, looking for somewhere to go
Hard to stay home with this much stuff
redwoodin with remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodin with remy View Post
I like the electric heated basement idea, just for circulation, on off switch kinda thing. Was mentioned earlier with fan blowing into step register. This is going to be a project that I have decided to take on over thanksgiving.
This may be worth a look for you - a complete kit.

http://www.rvcomfortsystems.com/

The main thing is it slows down the supply fan when on electric because the air chamber doesn't get as hot as gas, and so the airflow has to slow down to be effective. The kit takes care of all that.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
This may be worth a look for you - a complete kit.

http://www.rvcomfortsystems.com/

The main thing is it slows down the supply fan when on electric because the air chamber doesn't get as hot as gas, and so the airflow has to slow down to be effective. The kit takes care of all that.
May go that route, but mabye thinking of a simpler air circulation system in the belly duct work... marine bilge blower, quiet of course. 12 v with manual switch. Ceramic 110v plug in sitting in middle of coach for zone heat, lot cheaper too, ez to replace. Have used small heaters for years with good results, but dang, the RW has a lot of cubic feet to manage!

Trades on the redwood was a 40 foot toyhauler in which you realize 28 feet, and a 31 foot c class.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #31

I've been looking at the systems they put in motorhomes, Aqua Hot http://www.aquahot.com/News/Aqua-Hot...onic-Heat.aspx and the LP system setup. Would be an awesome setup for cold winter living.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #32
Site Team

That heating system could a game changer.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
I've been looking at the systems they put in motorhomes, Aqua Hot http://www.aquahot.com/News/Aqua-Hot...onic-Heat.aspx and the LP system setup. Would be an awesome setup for cold winter living.
My Christmas list just grew
Old 11-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #34

The system is pretty awesome on motor homes. Everything from pre-heating the engine to warm floors, never ending hot water, heat, off both electric and propane. No hot water tank to winterize. They stand behind their product very well too. I am going to send off for information, costs installation, etc.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
The system is pretty awesome on motor homes. Everything from pre-heating the engine to warm floors, never ending hot water, heat, off both electric and propane. No hot water tank to winterize. They stand behind their product very well too. I am going to send off for information, costs installation, etc.
That would be a lot of money well spent.....keep posted, will have to tell wife this was your idea....sorry.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #36
Site Team

It's available as an option on high end DRV and standard on Continental Coach. The bigger CC's go to diesel gen and diesel AquaHot with onboard tank.

If I go to something new I'm seriously considering taking an MB style floor plan to CC and asking for a quote to build it. Maybe if we could propose 3-4 to them it might be somewhat affordable. Will be heavy though - I would expect a 41' from them to be at least 18500-19000
Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #37

I had an Aqua Hot in my Tiffin. It worked very well but a couple of concerns. The system burned 3/4 gal/hr.,never ran for a full hour. System boiler and circulating pumps were noisy both inside and out. Diesel flumes were very noticeable outside, so we tried to be considerate of the nieghbours. The system only produced 5500 BTU's on elelectic so if heated you could get one quick shower then cold water and no way to heat the coach. Diesel produced about 45,000 BTU's. Then heat was unlimited. The option was about $7500 if I remember. Propane might have different results.....Ian
Old 11-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
It's available as an option on high end DRV and standard on Continental Coach. The bigger CC's go to diesel gen and diesel AquaHot with onboard tank.

If I go to something new I'm seriously considering taking an MB style floor plan to CC and asking for a quote to build it. Maybe if we could propose 3-4 to them it might be somewhat affordable. Will be heavy though - I would expect a 41' from them to be at least 18500-19000
My 2015 39 mb had ship weight of 14075 and pin of 2380. A 41 spec out right would be great. Would consider tri axle, I know there is turning concerns, but a rig like this is for highway travel. Heartland has a mb version @ 44 feet.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Smith View Post
I had an Aqua Hot in my Tiffin. It worked very well but a couple of concerns. The system burned 3/4 gal/hr.,never ran for a full hour. System boiler and circulating pumps were noisy both inside and out. Diesel flumes were very noticeable outside, so we tried to be considerate of the nieghbours. The system only produced 5500 BTU's on elelectic so if heated you could get one quick shower then cold water and no way to heat the coach. Diesel produced about 45,000 BTU's. Then heat was unlimited. The option was about $7500 if I remember. Propane might have different results.....Ian
Ian,
Great info! Were the individual coil fans noisy? That would be one of my concerns.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:03 AM   #40

They where about as loud as a a small fan, you could always hear them. It was the other compents you could hear throughout the coach....Ian