Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2016, 04:12 AM   #21

OK, Didn't know that since we bought ours off the lot and was not well educated at that point.

Steve
Old 04-21-2016, 04:13 AM   #22

Yep, bought mine off the lot too, that was one item I wished was on it but it was not a deal breaker
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #23

Shouldn't be an issue to switch if you want. Ours is in the shop for repair from a blow out. My wife told the guy that she wanted a new one with 'more power'. Our 900 watt convection is being switched to a 1500 watt convection. These things are available everywhere. Just check the size and make sure the vent is in the same place as your current one.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #24

My concern is it looks like most of the convection units are taller and looking at my current microwave, the solid surface backsplash goes up to the edge of the current microwave wall mounting bracket.
If I install a taller convection unit with a taller mounting backplate, I will need to remove and cut the backsplash down to fit the new unit.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #25

We have been removing the glass plate and supporting ring when using the convection feature. Also we remove both when traveling to protect the drive system from any reverse torque and possible damage.

One side note - some time ago I noticed the microwave unit was at a slight downward angle. When I lifted from the front edge the unit moved upward about half an inch. Tightening the two supporting bolts, located in the overhead cabinet did the trick. That is now on my pre move list. What a mess if the unit came loose and dropped on the range and/or the island.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAircraft View Post
We have been removing the glass plate and supporting ring when using the convection feature. Also we remove both when traveling to protect the drive system from any reverse torque and possible damage.

One side note - some time ago I noticed the microwave unit was at a slight downward angle. When I lifted from the front edge the unit moved upward about half an inch. Tightening the two supporting bolts, located in the overhead cabinet did the trick. That is now on my pre move list. What a mess if the unit came loose and dropped on the range and/or the island.
Yes, I've had to do the same thing.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:36 PM   #27

can a frozen pizza digorno or something simular be sucessfully cooked in this convecton oven?

how bout garlic bread?

been wondering

karl b.
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus View Post
can a frozen pizza digorno or something simular be sucessfully cooked in this convecton oven?

how bout garlic bread?

been wondering

karl b.
I Have cooked frozen pizza. Mine came with a round metal shelf that sits on the turn table.

The first time it did not turn out well. I ended up having to read the manual on how to set the temperature and time. It is anything but intuitive. I would look at the manual before I try again.

The pizzas were fine after figuring out how to use it.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
I Have cooked frozen pizza. Mine came with a round metal shelf that sits on the turn table.

The first time it did not turn out well. I ended up having to read the manual on how to set the temperature and time. It is anything but intuitive. I would look at the manual before I try again.

The pizzas were fine after figuring out how to use it.
ok will look at this info. miss the old oven i understand

k
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:15 AM   #30

We haven't found anything yet that we can't do in the Convection. Some things just take a little trial and error.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:08 AM   #31

My only complaint with the convection oven is that is seems to really take a long time to get up to set point. The number entry was very confusing to me until Lady E helped us at the 2014 National Rally. Since then we've been very pleased.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 AM   #32
Dan

Wife bakes pies all the time, best thing in the kitchen

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:23 PM   #33

Thanks, everyone!

I'm the OP of this thread, and I appreciate that I got my question answered. I'll keep the glass tray in while I use convection. But could I also use the wire rack? And when I use the wire rack, must I remove the glass tray? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. It's just that my manual says to only use the metal rack if you're cooking 2 layers. But some things (like pies for instance) I think would do better with air circulating underneath them, rather than placing them on the glass tray.
fiddleddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
I'm the OP of this thread, and I appreciate that I got my question answered. I'll keep the glass tray in while I use convection. But could I also use the wire rack? And when I use the wire rack, must I remove the glass tray? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. It's just that my manual says to only use the metal rack if you're cooking 2 layers. But some things (like pies for instance) I think would do better with air circulating underneath them, rather than placing them on the glass tray.
Right or wrong, when I baked frozen pizza's. I put the round, wire rack on top of the glass turn table. It worked fine once I figured out how to use the keypad. The keypad is the most difficult part of the operation.

I don't think I would ever bake anything directly on the glass turntable.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:29 AM   #35
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
While using the wire rack, I still keep the glass tray inside.

One thing LadyE taught us in class was that in cooking with convection, if you wanted "even" results, use the turntable, and cook your brownies 'in the round'. I've used the rack with great results, you just have to rotate your food halfway for even results.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote