Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #1

HELP!!!! Residential Refrigerator Issues

I am hoping someone out there can help with recommendations for getting service on the our residential refrigerator including replacement of the water line in it's entirety to the icemaker.

I am located in Hadley, Pennsylvania within an hour Erie and Pittsburgh. I have talked to Ballantyne RV and Marine in Rochester, NY the folks who sold the unit and basically got told SORRY.... Spoke with Tom at Redwood customer service and he was astounded Ballantyne was not willing to handle it. He said he would share with the crew at Crossroads and see if he could come up with any alternatives. I need to get this resolves so your input would be most helpful.

Thanks to All,

Bob
6.6 Liter Duramax Diesel w/ 6 Speed Allison Trans
Rhilton284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #2

Please tell us what is wrong......
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Please tell us what is wrong......
I have a leak inside the coach. I had 1/2" of water under the bottom drawer closest to the refrigerator. I did shut off the water to the icemaker. Could be the water line to the frig/icemaker or the frig/icemaker itself. I don't know which, that is why I need someone to look at it and fix it.

I am still seeing a small amount of water dripping outside under the slide but I am hoping that it is remaining water I could not get to under the refrigerator.

Thanks Again,

Bob
6.6 Liter Duramax Diesel w/ 6 Speed Allison Trans
Rhilton284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:25 PM   #4

When I had an issue with my F/P dishwasher ,I called the manufacturer's help line... Since it was in warranty , they told me that if they could not troubleshoot over the phone , they would arrange for service to come out...
We did get it fixed... the bottom sprayer was off... , anyway , call the number in the book.. what type is it
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #5

I had a similar leak. I took the outside access cover off and found a slow leak at the water solenoid valve. Just a little tightening, of the leaking water line connection and the leak was fixed. Also, with a bunch of paper towels, and being careful around the hot surfaces and electrical connections I soaked up any water laying around at the bottom surface including inside the storage drawer below the fridge.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #6

My first guess would also be the connection of the water line to the refrigerator at the back. I've dealt with many residential refrigerators and icemaker lines and rarely have I seen the refrigerator itself being the culprit. It is possible the refrigerator line has a hole in it but unlikely.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote