Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #21

I think this is the valve you need. It screws on to the sewer discharge pipe just like your sewer hose, you close it then open the RW's valves to the two gray tanks.

I also use it when some toilet paper gets in the black water valve, it prevents that "surprise" when you take the cap off the sewer pipe when you are dumping!

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/twist-on-valve/27868
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
Site Team

Yup, that's the one. Put it on the end and leave it there. When you set up, make sure that valve is closed and then pull both grey valves open. The two tanks will fill pretty much equally . Just make sure to remember to close the grey tanks before dumping the black. Works like a champ. I have gone over a week (by myself) camped in a parking lot at a Firehouse without running out of tank capacity.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #23

Ordered !

Thanks sent !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #24

It is a standard sewer valve. We have a 2012 36FL with a sewer boom. I cut the sewer line at the boom, removed 1 1/4 inches of the line and inserted the valve and glued it in. Our galley grey water tank supports the bathroom and kitchen in our coach and the grey tank supports the washer. We do not have a clothes washer so we were carrying around a 45 gallon grey tank for chuckles and ha ha's. I recommended to Redwood that they address that issue and perhaps change the plumbing scheme to have the bath use the grey tank and the kitchen use the galley tank, do not know if that happened. Send me your email to coljdm60@gmail.com and I will send you pictures.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #25

Did the sewer boom come with your RW ?

I didn't see that as an option and was getting ready to order one:

http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=167:s toragesewerboom&catid=34roducts
because we have one on the current 5er and REALLY makes the job less 'yecky'
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #26

The sewer boom was dropped as an option. It is now just a storage tube mounted on the front frame behind the tank.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant

The sewer boom was dropped as an option.Â* It is now just a storage tube mounted on the front frame behind the tank.
And a tiny tube at that! I ended up adding a second tube to hold my 15' drain pipe, 5' goes in the short tube, 15' in the newly added longer tube!

Btw, for those who use the removable valve to balance the gray tanks, do you remove it before packing up or do you leave it attached "permanently"? I started using one of these and they work great, just not sure if I should leave it on when going down the road?
lwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg
Quote:

The sewer boom was dropped as an option. It is now just a storage tube mounted on the front frame behind the tank.
And a tiny tube at that! I ended up adding a second tube to hold my 15' drain pipe, 5' goes in the short tube, 15' in the newly added longer tube!

Btw, for those who use the removable valve to balance the gray tanks, do you remove it before packing up or do you leave it attached "permanently"? I started using one of these and they work great, just not sure if I should leave it on when going down the road?
Some don't like the sewer boom but I like mine. Mike (5th time) had a longer sewer hose that fits in his boom but I don't know what brand he has. You might want to PM him and ask. I think I've got 12-15 ft in mine but I also carry another 20ft in a container in the basement. In most cases I only need what I have in the boom to get the job done.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #29

The boom is great, and the valve is a must for us FL owners as we only have 45 gal without it
Old 08-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg
Quote:

We added a second 60" tube as well. The tubes hold our two 10' Viper hoses and our clear coupler. I also added some caps with handles to each hose so I can reach in the tube to grab it.
I leave my valve on, and also the red elbow with the donught required as some campgrounds. I didn't want any of that stuff in the basement.Sort of looks like aJATO rocket engine out the side

Old 08-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #31

I don't know why some people didn't like the boom, but I think it's great. All it takes is swing the boom out, take the cap off, pull the sewer hose out of the tube, lay it in the support and fasten it to the elbow that you've screwed into the sewer. No digging the hose out of the compartment in the basement, or the tube you mounted under the camper or whatever, take the cap off the sewer pipe and fasten the hose to it, and then you are at the point where I start. I'll take the boom any day.Edited by: rcflame
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #32

I've never seen one, but when I brought it up with my Dealer (asked him where it was like on the video ) he said "they don't install them anymore....thank goodness". Must be a love / hate thing.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #33

[QUOTE=lwg]
Quote:

We have a 36FL and installed the extra valve permanently, no issues experienced.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #34

I have the boom and it works ok, but it does not hold much hose and it came unlatched while going done the road once and rub on the tire. Redwood sent me a whole new boom assembly.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #35

We didn't get a boom on our 36rl but did get a tube where we could store the hose. Works for us.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #36

Brad, you're right about the Love/Hate thing. The booms on a Montana have the same issue, some love them, other can't wait to remove it. On our Montana it would only work if the sewer connection was forward of the boom, if behind, forget it. I tried using the one on our RW on the way North after picking it up. Sort of worked, but when trying to put the hose back in it kept catching on something and refused to go in, so I removed the boom and haven't missed it. Just my 5 cents worth on the subject.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #37

I found the sewer hose holder on our new 36RL to be a bit of a hassle to use, it's hard to get at and is close to the discharge pipe (not fun when you are trying to access it at a dump!). There is an 8 ft. version of that same hose holder, I bought one and it fits nicely in the "notch" underneath the trailer hitch frame at the rear. Two full size sewer hoses can fit and I can access them from either side of the trailer.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #38

The boom has worked etreme,ly well for us. I really like it. Now the valve operation has issues.
Herb
Old 08-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff
The boom has worked etreme,ly well for us. I really like it. Now the valve operation has issues.
Herb
Happy Birthday Herb, Hope you have a blessed your day.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
We didn't get a boom on our 36rl but did get a tube where we could store the hose. Works for us.
how much hose does the tube hold?
pipeliner798 is offline   Reply With Quote