Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #1

Gray tank on 2020 4001lk

Have a brand new 4001lk and the first time I try to empty the gray water it wont drain.....there are two gray water tanks and one flush pull. The connection is at the very back of the RV under the kitchen....
Woodmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:54 PM   #2

Not familiar with the newer floor plans, but if you have 2 grey tanks I'm guessing (would bet $$) you have a second pull somewhere for the tank that doesn't drain, mine had all 3 pulls in the convenience center. Typically the bath/shower & possibly the wash machine drain into one & the kitchen into the other.
Also don't put much faith in the level sensors giving you accurate information, they are typically useless after the first couple tanks fills, especially the the black.

Edit;
After looking at that floorplan the dump valve you've found at the rear is the kitchen/galley grey tank. You will have another valve for the front bath probably next to wherever the valve for the black tank is located or hidden somewhere nearby towards the front of the RV. With the bath & kitchen on opposite ends of the RW there's no way they would/could plumb them together with only one dump valve.
With the mid 1/2 bath it's quite possible you could have a second black tank for that sink & toilet only. Or that 1/2 bath may go into a tank with the galley meaning you have 2 black tanks & 1 grey. There could also be as many as 4 valves & possibly 2 sewer dump connections?
As I said not familiar with this floorplan, hopefully someone with this model will chime in & clear it up for you.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Not familiar with the newer floor plans, but if you have 2 grey tanks I'm guessing (would bet $$) you have a second pull somewhere for the tank that doesn't drain, mine had all 3 pulls in the convenience center. Typically the bath/shower & possibly the wash machine drain into one & the kitchen into the other.
Also don't put much faith in the level sensors giving you accurate information, they are typically useless after the first couple tanks fills, especially the the black.

Edit;
After looking at that floorplan the dump valve you've found at the rear is the kitchen/galley grey tank. You will have another valve for the front bath probably next to wherever the valve for the black tank is located or hidden somewhere nearby towards the front of the RV. With the bath & kitchen on opposite ends of the RW there's no way they would/could plumb them together with only one dump valve.
With the mid 1/2 bath it's quite possible you could have a second black tank for that sink & toilet only. Or that 1/2 bath may go into a tank with the galley meaning you have 2 black tanks & 1 grey. There could also be as many as 4 valves & possibly 2 sewer dump connections?
As I said not familiar with this floorplan, hopefully someone with this model will chime in & clear it up for you.
I have a 2020 4001LK. On my unit the the rear valve pull is hidden under unit by drain hook up. You have to get down on knees and look under unit. The 2 black pulls and other gray tank pull are the wet bay by the water hook up. Hope this helps.
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:30 PM   #4

We have a 2021 4001LK and the drain pulls are the same as DavidMC describes. Kitchen galley gray tank drain is up underneath, by the actual drain, about 12-18 inches in front.
Front gray and both black tank handles are in the water bay. They have 4 tanks, 5 if you include fresh water. 2 blacks, 2 grays...

The front gray drains out of the same outlet as the 2 black tanks. Only the kitchen sink and /or dishwasher if equipped hit the rear galley gray tank...
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #5

I have the very same model and had the very same issue so took RV back to dealer and they couldn't figure it out either ... the secret is that the 2nd handle is NOT in the control center ... is it back up under the frame just to the left of the outlet pipe!! Who would have thought ... in fact, it even has a tiny silver label above the location :-)
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:43 PM   #6

They forgot the silver label on our 2021.... dealer tech showed it to me which is the only way I knew where to look. Does suck getting down to pull and push it under the coach, especially on gravel or in the rain
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #7

I would be worried about a dealer not being able to find this... i have this unit and it did take me a couple of minutes to find but it wasn’t that hard to locate. I do say far more annoying than that handle location is the fact that all three of the other valves that are in the storage compartment drain out of the same tube which also means if you do not close the gray tank when you dump the black tanks it will back up into the gray tank. UGG
ahsabellico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:58 AM   #8

I took my underbelly down and saw the actual design. When I replace my underbelly that comes in in a few days I will take some pictures to post
ahsabellico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:03 AM   #9

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by webberwj View Post
I have the very same model and had the very same issue so took RV back to dealer and they couldn't figure it out either ... the secret is that the 2nd handle is NOT in the control center ... is it back up under the frame just to the left of the outlet pipe!! Who would have thought ... in fact, it even has a tiny silver label above the location :-)
Found it. Thanks for the directions.
Nick Rozumny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 02:53 PM   #10

RW must be taking lessons from Montana. The Galley pull on some of the Montanas is on the frame either just of the axles or between them.
Almost always the first post by a new Montana owner.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote