Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2016, 01:35 AM   #1

Good customer service from dealer - again..

Dropped off the Redwood on Saturday for my scheduled warranty work on Monday/Tuesday of this week... Dealer called me Wednesday mid-day to tell me that my trailer was done with the exception of the new awning fabric that needed to be ordered due to broken lights sewn in.

They told me that as soon as Carefree told them how long it would take to ship ,they would call me to see if I wanted to leave it there , or come get it and return it once they arrive.

They called me today saying Carefree told them it will be close to 2 weeks , so I picked it up tonight as we have the next 3 weekends booked in it.

All work completed, That's how a dealer is SUPPOSED to work !! Kudos to Whitehorse RV in Williamstown NJ...

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:20 PM   #2

This might be a short topic... ha
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time View Post
This might be a short topic... ha
So true.. but it's a shame that there are dealers are like that..
Old 09-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #4

Does it strike you as sad that the need exists to post good service ?

Especially when our economy seems like it's more of a service economy nowdays than a manufacturing economy of old
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Does it strike you as sad that the need exists to post good service ?

Especially when our economy seems like it's more of a service economy nowdays than a manufacturing economy of old

I will say this.
I am the Vice President-Operations of a rather large Steel Company , in my years of work , MOST folks only go out of their way to burry you , they do not take a second to praise when things go "normal" or ok... to me , anything delivered on time in good shape would be considered normal...
In my early years , I felt like a fireman , putting out fires created by poor customer service , and had to change the mindset of a lot of people to get it right.
The dealer gave me an appointment , and performed the work in a 2 day time frame , that is VERY unusual for the RV industry ,and that's a shame.. I know that , that is why I give the kudos...

I have made it MY mission to reach out when I feel someone , or a company "does the right thing". ( too many complaining calls in my past)
Now I know you were not stating that I should not have posted because it WAS the way to be... I just needed to comment because I wish MORE folks had a REASON to give praise, and not a reason to biatch.

Redwood seems like they are trying to give reasons to praise NOW..!
Old 09-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #6

But don't your children respond better to Positive attention than they do to Negative attention
Pete385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #7

It would be a nice service to each other if we compiled a list by location of our good service techs & providers. I call Redwood when I want a recommendation, and always check for the closest place near us, that Redwood has paid directly. We travel all over and I always review on website if service is good. I always read others reviews before booking service.
TroutTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:58 AM   #8

You can add these guys to the list.
Had the following experience with Hitch N Go RV. "I have never met these people, Just spoken on the phone)
They are located in South / West - Ontario, ( Delhi, near London) Canada
Contact info is 519-583-1843 Paul (one of the owners)
I needed some Redwood Original parts ordered and asked him for pricing. When all was finished I showed him he was $350 lower on a $1100 order. I figured he made a mistake as the 2 other US dealers were almost the same price. He said they work on a XX% markup and that's it. This was great.

Then I needed a center landing jack under warranty as mine is leaking. Within 24 hours he had the approval from Redwood and the part is now waiting for me to pass by for installation. Was told no need for an appointment it takes maybe 2 hours to change. These guy are great. If you are ever in this part of the country and need help call them.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:28 AM   #9

Here's another one for you, Camping World, Chattanooga (not my original dealer) Twice I have had warranty work done at this facility; when I told them we were full timers and needed to have this work done so we would not be displaced they handled everything, I mean everything, from providing us a free stay at their campground to having the work completed both times in one day and having us on our way. I could not say enough good things about this dealership! Keep up the great work!
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #10

Ford Truck Guy, Did you buy your RW at White Horse RV??
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Ford Truck Guy, Did you buy your RW at White Horse RV??
Yes Bill, we did get it from there. We dealt with Rick Whitney ( GM ) and Alicia Kelly in sales.. Alicia is 100% the best, while Rick made the deal happen. At the time, they were selling them out of their Williamstown NJ facility, now they sell them from the Egg Harbor facility about 45 minutes east of there..

I should really say we mostly dealt with Steve Scailli who is the Redwood sales representative who lives in Tampa. Alicia hooked me up with him, and he and Whitehorse made the deal happen...