Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2021, 08:15 PM   #1

Gettin the itch for a new Redwood

I've had my 38GK going on 7 years now. It has been a great camper for us, love the floor plan. I was looking at the RW3951WB/MB and really like the lay out. Does anyone have this model, and if so what do you think of it good, or bad?
Thanks
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:47 PM   #2

All I can say it good luck.
We've had our 39MB for 6 1/2 years now and wouldn't take a new one if they gave us an even trade. Nothing against RW, but from what we've seen they've changed alot an not for the better in our opinion.
We've been inside the new replacement for our unit and if I had to guess they have eliminated approx half of the internal storage, that's needed for Full Timers, Weekenders not so much.
We have dual medicine cabinets while the new version has NONE. You know as you get older you have lots of meds and you need a place to keep them.
Just our opinion, others may vary.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
All I can say it good luck.
We've had our 39MB for 6 1/2 years now and wouldn't take a new one if they gave us an even trade. Nothing against RW, but from what we've seen they've changed alot an not for the better in our opinion.
We've been inside the new replacement for our unit and if I had to guess they have eliminated approx half of the internal storage, that's needed for Full Timers, Weekenders not so much.
We have dual medicine cabinets while the new version has NONE. You know as you get older you have lots of meds and you need a place to keep them.
Just our opinion, others may vary.
Michelle and Ann,
Thanks for your reply. I went back and took another look at the 3951MB and your absolutely correct about the lack of storage. Compared to my 38GK storage it has very little. Funny thing, I have been looking at a lot of other 5th wheel makes, to include DRV, LUXE, Grand Design, and none really have wowed me. Guess that means I should just stay with my RW. Maybe just do a few up grades.:
Thanks
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Dan - one of many reasons we are keeping our 2013 36RL that already has many upgrades. Looked at the new ones and like Michelle said “where did all the storage go ?”

I’m just about finished with doing the entire flooring in the coach. Got rid of all carpet. Also painted the depressing tan walls. Transformed the coach. It’s now bright, cheerful and most importantly, Tracy loves it. Once I get the final moldings in place and straighten up a bit (we’re full time with some fur friends) I’ll post pictures.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:10 PM   #5

I agree with Vaughn. We have looked at replacing ours but the new RW's have not lived up to what we expected they would be, so we will stick with our 14 or we also have been looking to possibly move back into a MH. If we do, it will be a 45' pusher this time. We are now full time also and loving it.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:21 PM   #6

Hi we have a 2020 3951MB that I purchased on our way back home from out cross country camping trip. Never used it due to Covid and personal medical reasons. Unit is new never slept in, water and sewer never used except when we did the inspection at the dealer. I also took notice to the limited storage space. I installed the sliding storage and that gave use a lot more room. This camper is loaded with 3 ac units, custom paint has every option except generator ( it is generator ready) and washer :dryer again it is ready for them. I’m open to offers. Any interest let me know..
Bakermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:22 PM   #7

Bakermc, there is a Facebook group, think the name is "Redwood RVs for Sale". If you're into Facebook might be a good place to post.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:25 AM   #8
Site Team

Steve - if you go to a DP, look very very seriously at about a 4-6 years old Entegra Anthem. Exceptional build quality and factory service and support whether you buy new or second owner. If we went to a DP it would be one of those.