Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2021, 03:19 PM   #1

Smile General 2021 4001LK questions

I recently purchased a new 2021 4001LK and absolutely love it. The floorplan really works for me.

I've begun investigating all the switches (unlabeled) and the Furrion radio. In doing so, I have some questions.

1) In the storage bay there are 3 switches directly above the vacuum system. I know the first one is for the awning lights and am aware the next two are for exterior lights and awning power strip but don't know which is which. When I push the center button, I hear a click but don't know what that is.

1a) No matter which of the other two I turn on, no exterior lights appear. Is there something else I need to do to get them to turn on?

2) The Furrion radio has two buttons labeled zone 1 and zone 2. When I push them, nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what is supposed to happen when I push them and is there anything I need to do to make them work? I sent emails to Furrion but have not received a response.

I have looked online for answers to the above questions and have watched walkthrough videos but all I get is "these switches are for awning, exterior lights and awning rail" but no specifics.

Can anyone help me out?

Tks in advance.
RetiredInFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:07 PM   #2

I do not have the model or year you have and our RW is a 2018 BUT, regarding the zones, check your outside speakers and bedroom speakers when in different zones. I think ours is zone 2 for bedroom and zone 3 for outside. The switches, someone else can answer I’m sure.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj564 View Post
I do not have the model or year you have and our RW is a 2018 BUT, regarding the zones, check your outside speakers and bedroom speakers when in different zones. I think ours is zone 2 for bedroom and zone 3 for outside. The switches, someone else can answer I’m sure.

Thanks for the info. I messed with zone 1 and zone 2 yesterday and here's what I found. If I turn zone 1 AND zone 2 off, I have no sound on the outside speakers.

If I turn on zone 1 and leave zone 2 off, I have outside sound but in mono with no indoor speakers. If I turn zone 1 off and turn zone 2 on, I have outside sound in mono with no indoor sound. If I turn on both zone 1 and zone 2 I have outside stereo with no indoor sound.

I have a trouble ticket in with Furrion so they can investigate. This is a high end 2021 Redwood and I have trouble believing the zones only affect the outside speakers. I'll probably hear back from them next week.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:32 PM   #4

We have a 2020 4001LK and the exterior lights that turn on/off are the red jack lights underneath. The awning power strip is not necessary useful unless you have a ladder and on this unit there are no zone speakers. In some RVs they would divide between inside vs outside, but the 4001 only has outside speakers.
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by webberwj View Post
We have a 2020 4001LK and the exterior lights that turn on/off are the red jack lights underneath. The awning power strip is not necessary useful unless you have a ladder and on this unit there are no zone speakers. In some RVs they would divide between inside vs outside, but the 4001 only has outside speakers.

Thanks. I turn on "exterior lights" and nothing comes on. Dumb question but is there another switch I need to turn on to make them work? I have the "exterior lights" on the NCommand, and there is an "exterior light" switch in the cargo bay. Do both of them have to be on in order for the lights to work?
Old 04-27-2022, 12:33 PM   #6

We have the awning lights turned on in the Command module but the awning lights don’t come on. I tried those switches below but they spring back and no lights. No fuse that I can see. Any ideas?
Whit461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit461 View Post
We have the awning lights turned on in the Command module but the awning lights don’t come on. I tried those switches below but they spring back and no lights. No fuse that I can see. Any ideas?

On mine, 4001LK, in the storage area there are 3 switches above the vacuum..the one nearest the door turns on my awning lights, the center one springs back (and I have no clue what it's for) and the last one is an on/off switch currently set to on, but again, no clue what it's turned on..