Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete385 View Post
I talked to Redwood. They said because of changes and lead time from vendors they couldn't make Hershey but would be at manufacturers show the following week. New units on dealers lots by end of October.
That sounds a little strange! Hello.....Redwood!.....Anybody out there?............................no comment?
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
All these comments are supporting my theory more and more that Redwood is delaying their announcement to sell current inventory at the highest possible profit margin. If they have not been manufacturing any new ones for several months and not taking orders, what are all the employees doing? Have they let them go or are they paying them to sit around? Maybe their updating the line means Redwood is out and Crossroads is in! It would be nice if their Forum rep would give some insight as to the Redwood future.
Rick,

They are making "Reserve" fifth wheels.

Rezerve RV Affordable Elegance at Crossroads RV

Rick
Old 09-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #43

So the next question is.........if they are making Reserves, than how can they revamp the line?
Old 09-09-2016, 10:27 PM   #44

Quote:
So the next question is.........if they are making Reserves, than how can they revamp the line?
Well I think it looks just like the Redwood only a little different. Maybe they will just paint it touch it up on the inside and call it a Redwood. Let's face it it's all the same $#!t just a different color. Let not make it anything more than what it is.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkidder View Post
Well I think it looks just like the Redwood only a little different. Maybe they will just paint it touch it up on the inside and call it a Redwood. Let's face it it's all the same $#!t just a different color. Let not make it anything more than what it is.
Just out of curiousity, I checked out the 2017 Rezerve and the newer models look like they are using the same Redwood front cap. They do both start with "R". Can't wait to see what is going to happen.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #46

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, I checked out the 2017 Rezerve and the newer models look like they are using the same Redwood front cap. They do both start with "R". Can't wait to see what is going to happen.
All we really did was buy a Crossroads Zinger that has slightly better cabinets everything else is the same. We spent $70,000 for $4,000 dollars worth of cabinet door and drawer faces an external sticker that sets us apart from the Zinger, because of RV industry marketing tactics that works on our pride. I think we all made a great choice. I'm happy.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:17 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Sounds to me like the sky is falling. I am happy with what I have and could give a rats ass what they do with the model line , whether they change it or shut it down. When I am ready to purchase something different I will look at everything and make my decision then. Í have been very happy with Redwoods customer service and would definitely take that into consideration on my next purchase.
I forgot excuse my language
Old 09-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #48

There won't be a customer service if there isn't a brand, and honestly from what I have experienced there wasn't much customer service anyway! Which is probably the reason for their demise if they are really gone, it is not the product itself, my RW is the nicest rv I found and I looked at many before I bought, I just had alot of trouble in the beginning, and still have some issues.
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #49

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Az
You will find problems in any rv from a 15000.00 popups to 1.5 million dollar buses. The majority of my issues have been supplier parts along with some quality control issues. When owning an RV you need to have some mechanical abilities. If not you will certainly get turned off of them if it has to go to the shop for everything.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:41 PM   #50

I agree 100 percent, there won't be a dealer everywhere you go camping anyway, so if you can't fix it yourself you will be very frustrated, you also need to have a bit of a sense of humour, I learned that one the hard way, I was angry for quite a while.
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #51

I don't think RW is going any where . I order my rig in July of 2015 and the line was shut down in August so they built me the 2016 model. When my 2016 39mb was being built Jeff called me from the factory and told me my delivery date was being pushed back a month due to the line change for the 2016's. At that time they were not taking anymore orders until the showing of the new line at the Hershey show . just my 0.2
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote