Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Really cranks me to see Marcus A. Lemonis, the "profit", out there spreading his people/process/product principle to other business, when in reality he should turn the camera and spotlight into his own Camping World mess!
As long as people continue going to his stores he's happy with business. He needs more competition to set things straight. I almost bought a Entegra at a camping world locatated in CO. I'm glad I didn't
Old 09-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
As long as people continue going to his stores he's happy with business. He needs more competition to set things straight. I almost bought a Entegra at a camping world locatated in CO. I'm glad I didn't
Ya that's where we bought ours - not a lot of choice when shopping used. Our business is done and no need to ever go back. They are worthless.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #23

I am not too impressed with them either. I have had some very dishonest business dealings with the one close to my home. they tried to charge me shipping on something shipped to their store.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #24
Site Team

That's why when we were shopping for a new unit. The factory service availability was the deciding factor in which unit we were going to purchase. The dealerships are reliable for service once the original checks are written.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #25

It is funny how different people have different experiences at the same dealer also, because it was Peter at Camping World of Flagstaff that could not get my RW repaired, I think that is a terrible store, I was dealing with Jesse at RW, he was a real nice guy, and he tried to get CW to get my warranty work done, but they would never call me, eventually I stopped hearing from him also, I then had Paul Evert RV Country do the wo on my RW, and I am very happy, but now I hear RW shut down production, and my friend was unable to order one, all other Thor products are in full swing, but RW would not take a deposit on an order, that usually means the product is no more, its a shame.
azcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #26

Yes he should do one of the Under cover Boss shows at some of his camping world stores he might have a real eye opener. Hopefully he would start in California. Anyone else agree!!!
gvtahoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcamper View Post
It is funny how different people have different experiences at the same dealer also, because it was Peter at Camping World of Flagstaff that could not get my RW repaired, I think that is a terrible store, I was dealing with Jesse at RW, he was a real nice guy, and he tried to get CW to get my warranty work done, but they would never call me, eventually I stopped hearing from him also, I then had Paul Evert RV Country do the wo on my RW, and I am very happy, but now I hear RW shut down production, and my friend was unable to order one, all other Thor products are in full swing, but RW would not take a deposit on an order, that usually means the product is no more, its a shame.
Redwoods year end is in August and the slow production down to nothing. They are introducing a pile of changes to the new models that will debut at the Hershey show. That is why you cannot order one at this time
Old 09-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #28

Yep, kind of hard to order with all the changes, do not know what to order.

Possible new floor plans, discontinued floor plans, standards, options, features and new pricing, pretty hard to take a order until all the changes / updates are published and announced to the dealers.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcamper View Post
I agree, I think it is very strange that Redwood will not take any orders. I've been following this forum for three years and I don't think Redwood has ever stopped production. They made changes all the time and that is why you would have 2 complete different looking fifth wheels with the same year on them. I don't think a company can go very long without producing the product. We haven't heard anything from the Redwood representative on this forum for quite a while either. Just making an observation. If they are shutting down Redwood completely, I can understand why they aren't making it public. They want to get rid of stock Not many people want to buy a product no longer available.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:50 AM   #30
Site Team

They're not shutting down but apparently the line has been majorly redone. Talked to Ryan yesterday and they aren't taking anything to hershey because they aren't accepting orders on existing models.
Will be interesting to see where it goes ..........
Old 09-09-2016, 03:22 AM   #31
Site Team

This might not be bad for the brand......

Completely rework the product and bring out a new image. On the plus side when a company does this they aren't just putting band aids on a problem.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
This might not be bad for the brand......

Completely rework the product and bring out a new image. On the plus side when a company does this they aren't just putting band aids on a problem.
Dave...you're the eternal optimist. Gotta' love it.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #33

The fact that the big boss stated that they were NOT taking anything to the Hershey show really concerns me...

Manufacturers wait for the Hershey show to make thier big changes... The thought of them missing a September in Hershey is troubling to me..

Is the writing on the wall ?? Is Dave the only Optimist ?? Will we own an orphan soon ?? OR are we over reacting , and need to sit back and wait??

When I was in Indiana back in early June, I had Tim Cress walk me around the shop... There were no Redwoods being produced at that time either.. they were making the Rezerve fifth wheel. Although there were 3 out front prepped for paint ,I thought it was odd at that time ..just my $0.02
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #34
Site Team

I was told that the new ones will be introduced in 2 weeks at the big Dealer and Trade only open house in Elkhart. He said they didnt want o introduce the new models to the public before the dealers.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #35

I don't know, the Hershey Show is a really big deal and many folks go there to look at and purchase a unit. Who knows with all the Dealer service issue, maybe RW will try and go the Augusta route and sell direct, dropping some of these worthless Dealers.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:32 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Dave...you're the eternal optimist. Gotta' love it.
No not really Tom, I'm just trying to be nice As Ford Truck Guy said....the Hershey show is a BIG deal in the RV industry and the fact that they aren't going to be there is very concerning.

I personally think Redwood has made some big mistakes in business and hopefully this is just another example of that. If they are completely reworking the brand, it won't help the current owners.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #37

What Vaughan said... X2
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #38

All these comments are supporting my theory more and more that Redwood is delaying their announcement to sell current inventory at the highest possible profit margin. If they have not been manufacturing any new ones for several months and not taking orders, what are all the employees doing? Have they let them go or are they paying them to sit around? Maybe their updating the line means Redwood is out and Crossroads is in! It would be nice if their Forum rep would give some insight as to the Redwood future.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #39

I talked to Redwood. They said because of changes and lead time from vendors they couldn't make Hershey but would be at manufacturers show the following week. New units on dealers lots by end of October.
Pete385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #40

Yikes... That's terrible planning. That's like Sony missing COMDEX.

Alll its competitors will be there introducing new and improved models into their market.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote