Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #21

Now it seems that the electric heat is acting up, it won't kick on and the panel says DIFF. The temp outside is 54F and inside it is 60F, if I set it to 72F it kicked on for just a second then went off and I get the DIFF word on the panel. Could this be another control board malfunction?
bbusbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusbee View Post
Now it seems that the electric heat is acting up, it won't kick on and the panel says DIFF. The temp outside is 54F and inside it is 60F, if I set it to 72F it kicked on for just a second then went off and I get the DIFF word on the panel. Could this be another control board malfunction?
If there's more than 4-5 degrees difference between ambient temperature & the tstat setting the furnace will come on to speed up warming, once the temperatures are more stable the heat pump should take over. Do you have propane opened up so the furnace is able to kick on?
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:33 PM   #23
Site Team

Try only setting the electric 3 degrees above ambient. As Danny said, much more than that and the furnace will come on. Bring it up in steps
Old 04-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #24

Don't know enough about your specifics in your Redwood. By electric heat I take it that you have at least 1 A/C with a heat pump. Where, and on what panel does "DIFF" show up? Do you have One Control on On Command or some other electric tablet or screen that controls lights, water pump etc for your unit? Most Thermostats only display 2 digits for the temperature, so that made me wonder where the diff came in.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
Don't know enough about your specifics in your Redwood. By electric heat I take it that you have at least 1 A/C with a heat pump. Where, and on what panel does "DIFF" show up? Do you have One Control on On Command or some other electric tablet or screen that controls lights, water pump etc for your unit? Most Thermostats only display 2 digits for the temperature, so that made me wonder where the diff came in.
I have one heatpump AC and one non-heatpump AC. The HP AC controls the living room and kitchen and the bedroom AC does not offer heat on the control panel. I just don't remember it being this finicky before. The outside temp was only 60F so yes I set it on 74F, it kicked on for a moment then shut off and the DIFF appeared on the panel.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:53 PM   #26

OK, Again what panel is 'DIFF' showing up on?????

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #27

I once had a bird attempt to build a nest in the exhaust port and blocked the fan from turning. Something easy to check.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkathybat View Post
I once had a bird attempt to build a nest in the exhaust port and blocked the fan from turning. Something easy to check.
Wow that reminds me... Spiders are attracted to propane and will sometimes build a nest near the induction tube. I have only personally seen this on a water heater but I am sure the furnace would be the same.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:07 AM   #29

Another attempt to pull panel

I am going to try again to pull the outer panel off so I can replace the control board as some have suggested here, problem is I'm not exactly sure how to get it off? I've tried twice before but seems that there are more screws that I can't get to besides the 4 outer panel screws. Am I looking in the right place for the control board?
Old 12-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #30

I'm having a similar problem in my 2014 38RL. My furnace does not produce warm air (when it's cold). When I select "Gas Heat" on the thermostat with the room temp at 50 and I set the commanded temp to 70, the blower comes on and only blows cold air. Propane bottles are full and on. However, when the outside temp gets to about 60, the furnace works fine and produces warm air. The outside exhaust is blowing fine, and the intake is pulling in just fine. Plugged in to shore power. Any ideas?
P.S.I'm new to my 38RL and this site. I have photos but when I clicked on "Insert Image" it asked for a URL for my image. I have no URL. My image is on my computer so I'd like to do a simple upload. Help.
F-16 Joc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-16 Joc View Post
P.S.I'm new to my 38RL and this site. I have photos but when I clicked on "Insert Image" it asked for a URL for my image. I have no URL. My image is on my computer so I'd like to do a simple upload. Help.

When I post pictures I take them directly from a file on my computer.
See if this helps.

How to add photos to a post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommended. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusbee View Post
I am going to try again to pull the outer panel off so I can replace the control board as some have suggested here, problem is I'm not exactly sure how to get it off? I've tried twice before but seems that there are more screws that I can't get to besides the 4 outer panel screws. Am I looking in the right place for the control board?
The board is right on top of the unit and is fairly easy to get to. Remove outer panel and there will be an additional plate with a few screws to remove.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:16 PM   #33

Here are some pics that may be helpful.

I apologize for all be sideways pics. First pic shows that one tube actually slides out. This was a problem for me but it finally came loose. The second pic shows the panel now removed. The third pic shows the circuit board holder on top of the unit. Remove the two screws and it will slide right pout. It is a very simple fix!

But the Dinosaur board.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201121_122106.jpg (196.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20201121_122236.jpg (290.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20201121_124646.jpg (218.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20201121_124927.jpg (277.7 KB, 2 views)
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote