Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2014, 03:33 AM   #21

So I got down on my hands and knees one more time. The vent in the picture is not a heat register just a vent. When the furnace is on forced hot air comes out of there. There's no way to see why or where it comes from. Then it travels through the bottom of the cabinets to the drawer cabinet where it just comes up through the cabinet to the drawers and counter top. Why or how can't be seen at this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (106.6 KB, 2 views)
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
So I got down on my hands and knees one more time. The vent in the picture is not a heat register just a vent. When the furnace is on forced hot air comes out of there. There's no way to see why or where it comes from. Then it travels through the bottom of the cabinets to the drawer cabinet where it just comes up through the cabinet to the drawers and counter top. Why or how can't be seen at this time.
That's exactly what ours looks like. Like I said, there may be a hole cut in that cabinet flooring in the near future.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #23

On our 36FB we have four heat vents, one in the bedroom near the foot of the bed, one in the water closet [small round vent behind commode] and two in the LR [one is directly behind the island, under the magazine rack but still in the tiled area, the second is near the rear of the coach in front of the sleeper sofa].

There is also a vent under the small pantry to the right of the refrigerator, I think this is the return/draw for the furnace???
Old 04-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #24

Quote:
If your sitting on the commode the same vent is under the sink. But with the furnace on no heat comes out of it?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #25

Quote:
If your sitting on the commode the same vent is under the sink. But with the furnace on no heat comes out of it?
I think that hole you see under the vanity is a hole to nowhere. Our dealer tech asked redwood where it went when we first bought our 31sl and they couldn't tell him. My worry was if I had a water leak that's where the water would go. I think I'm going to put a piece of moulding down there and then caulk it so it would stop water from going down the hole but it would still allow air if that is what it's for.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:10 AM   #26

We have a 36RE. Our heat is working great EXCEPT nothing is coming out of the bedroom floor vent. Any ideas?
WDSFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSFreedom View Post
We have a 36RE. Our heat is working great EXCEPT nothing is coming out of the bedroom floor vent. Any ideas?
Had the same problem with our 31sl when we first bought it. The ductwork had come loose from the vent. We had to take part of the basement wall down and reconnect the venting. Redwood had it connected with duct tape. You may be able to see it through the door for the whole house filter.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #28

Hmmm... we'll have to check that out. What do you mean by "You may be able to see it through the door for the whole house filter"?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:52 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSFreedom View Post
Hmmm... we'll have to check that out. What do you mean by "You may be able to see it through the door for the whole house filter"?
On my 31 sl if you open the small door which allows you access to your whole house filter, you may be able to take a flashlight and shine it up to the underside of your bedroom floor where the vent is located. If so, you can probably see if the duct is connected. Not sure your model is the same as ours but it's worth a look.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:19 AM   #30

Voila! Small door located and sure enough, the duct is disconnected. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #31

I just put the filter in the water filter canister for the first time. Looking through the hole there are 2 ducts connected to some sort of plastic junction. The entire juntion looks loose. The ducts seem fine but the junction seems to be pulling away from the ceiling. I think tomorrow morning the wall comes down and a permanent fix is in store. Metal high heat duct tape and a brace across the junction should do it. It will take longer to take the wall down than to do the fix "I think". Let you know tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #32

Let us know how it goes for sure!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #33

I took the wall with the access hole down. There is a plastic junction box with 2 ducts attached to it. I have no idea where they go. It's to far from the bedroom duct and to far from the bathroom duct. Unless the box sends the heat to a built in duct or channel in the floor. In either case the box is coming apart and pulling away from the ceiling. I repaired the box by taping everything with aluminum tape. It sticks well and resists heat. I put a small piece of pipe hanger across it and screwed both ends into the ceiling. That should keep it from falling down and ripping away from the mount. I added new tape to the ducts hanging from it. I turned on the furnace to see it all heat up and watch for leaks all is well. I put it all back together and should be good for a while.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #34

Quote:
I took the wall with the access hole down. There is a plastic junction box with 2 ducts attached to it. I have no idea where they go. It's to far from the bedroom duct and to far from the bathroom duct. Unless the box sends the heat to a built in duct or channel in the floor. In either case the box is coming apart and pulling away from the ceiling. I repaired the box by taping everything with aluminum tape. It sticks well and resists heat. I put a small piece of pipe hanger across it and screwed both ends into the ceiling. That should keep it from falling down and ripping away from the mount. I added new tape to the ducts hanging from it. I turned on the furnace to see it all heat up and watch for leaks all is well. I put it all back together and should be good for a while.
I guess I'm going to have to check that out the next time I'm looking under there. Sounds like you did the right thing, just wish Redwood would figure out how to make duct/vent connections that will work.